Is anyone going from 13" MBP to 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wnxgenral, Nov 8, 2016.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

Hi MacRumors Readers,

I am considering going from my 13" MBP (2013) to the new 15" MBP (2016). The biggest reason I am considering this move is to have more screen real-estate. I do not do any photoshop, video editing or graphic intensive work. I primarily use my MBP for email, web browsing, email and microsoft office.

My biggest concern is mobility... I travel extensively, over 250,000 miles flown this year already. I recognize this will be the biggest factor in why I should stick with 13"... I am wondering if the new form factor is thin enough that I won't notice a major difference when I am on the road.

Is anyone else considering the same switch? Why are you going with the larger model? What are the pros/cons in your decision criteria?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

I was considering the same switch, not this year but maybe next year I don't travel with mine much so portability not my biggest issue but I would like a bigger screen and a quad core processor. You'all just have to wait for the reviews I'm afraid until people get their hands on them it'll be tough to tell just how portable the 15's are.

3. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

I considered the reverse switch, but stuck with the 15". I use it mainly for Lightroom and PS on the road and I enjoy the larger screen to show more of my images while the menus are visible. I have a 12"rMB and travelled with that for 4 weeks in September....it was great for portability but not great for actually working on things. The 13" Pro would give me the power I need in a very sleek size and design but I still want the 15" screen so went for another 15" (replacing my 2012 rMBP).