Is anyone having a positive experience with the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman23, Jun 23, 2010.

?

How good is your iPhone?

1. Perfect

56 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. Yellow Spots/Line

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Terrible Call Quality

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

I'm supposed to go pick up my reservation tomorrow, but between the yellow spots/lines, terrible signal strength and other tidbits, I'm almost thinking twice?

Anyone have an iPhone 4 that works good, has a good display and makes calls?

2. Cambot macrumors regular

I lost service going in and out of my bathroom, but I noticed it did that on my 3G yesterday. Otherwise it's been great.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I have the yellow lines on mine but they really don't bother me that much as of now.
    So it's pretty perfect.

Might get it replaced if it continues to bother me.

4. El Maestro macrumors newbie

I am enjoying it.

No yellow lines or reception problems here, and I've been using it all over town (Syracuse, NY). In particular, I'm enjoying the App folders, newer and faster hardware, the display (OMG it is amazing to look at and a huge difference from the 3G/3GS), and even though there is one person with whom I can do it right now Face Time is very cool, works very well (no stuttering or dropped frames, but we both have Verizon FiOS internet with 25 Mbps symmetrical service), and is a lot of fun.

5. Baltika09 macrumors member

No problems here, the retina display is BEAUTIFUL! You dont know what you'll bw missing if you don't get it!

-Sent from my iPhone 4

6. themadrussian macrumors regular

I felt that way about the one speck of dust under my iPad's screen initially, but after a while I just couldn't stop looking at it. I went and got it replaced, and I can't be happier.

Once Apple has more phones in stock, go and get it replaced. I would definitely go to the store next week just to log your defect into the system so that you don't have to wait TOO long for a replacement.

7. h4a5r macrumors member

h4a5r

If you just got your iPhone today and it's working fine, you're probably not on MR telling people that it's exactly what we expected (ie. amazingness). Having one now isn't really a surprise anymore (see: all of the posts saying "I got it!") A handful of people have had problems, yes, but think of the hundreds of MR members who have probably already gotten their phones as are too busy playing with them to bother posting.

8. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've found reception to be better than my 3GS. There is an area on I-10 (heading East) just before Winnie, TX that I would drop calls or lose signal. Every damn day. Today I kept a 3G signal and didn't lose the call. I was very happy.

So far, I'm very happy with it. The screen is amazing, the camera and video is great but I've had limited opportunity to test it.

I just wish I got the 32gb.

9. themadrussian macrumors regular

Also very true. Defects/problems are always overblown because the vast majority of happy customers do not go onto the internet to talk about it, whereas the vast majority of unhappy ones do.

It's the same reason why if you have a headache and you feel lightheaded, and you search on the internet, you're going to get convinced that you have some horrible, terminal illness.

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

No problems here. The screen is incredible. Everything about it feels faster and smoother than my 3GS. Call quality and reception have been great so far. I really couldn't be more impressed.

11. ginsengbomb macrumors member

It's as advertised -- excellent. Seriously, don't be misled by the volume of forum postings with complaints. As a wise person pointed out above, the majority of happy people aren't exactly racing to MR to post about their happiness anymore.

Frankly, I have no idea why I'm here. Goodbye.

12. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

Incredible, not issues and I really dont expect any. I have a pretty good track record with Apple products.

13. HarrisonB macrumors 6502