Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audlofitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I was promised my phone for 3 PM today.
Now Fedex is telling me it's on a truck and won't be delivered for 4-5 hours! I never realized they worked that late!
I can see it now.....a lost package will be next!

jmo1116

macrumors regular
May 27, 2010
Alabama
I was promised my phone for 3 PM today.
Now Fedex is telling me it's on a truck and won't be delivered for 4-5 hours! I never realized they worked that late!
I can see it now.....a lost package will be next!

Yes we are having problems!! Of course this happened, we should have known. Wow. I'm so mad right now.

audlofitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
So while my husband is on the phone with the Fedex people who couldn't give an estimate of time for delivery, Gill delivers my phone!
AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!
HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY TO ME!

JunBug119

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Cerritos, CA
So while my husband is on the phone with the Fedex people who couldn't give an estimate of time for delivery, Gill delivers my phone!
AT LONG LAST!!!!!!!
HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY TO ME!

was your husband still on the phone when you received your iphone? that would be funny if he was still complaining and you didn't tell him that you already received it. Happy birthday by the way! :D

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
when the fedex lady delivered my phone this afternoon i had to sign for it with a pen and paper because their computers were down. idk if that helps anyone

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
FedEx residential delivers until 8pm, I'm not sure why you think this is "late." Have fun with the new phone anyway though!

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
FedEx residential delivers until 8pm, I'm not sure why you think this is "late." Have fun with the new phone anyway though!

My delivery date changed to "Unknown" a little bit ago, but it's still showing as on the truck. My guess is that there was a heck of a lot more than 500,000 phones ordered and FedEx is playing catch up, hence the reason why some are being shipped UPS.

gb1631

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2009
PNW Puget Sound
Well, here's one for the record book! Fedex rang my bell at 1350 today with two boxes! I thought wow my iPhone is here!

To my sorrow, they both had a iPhone incipio hard cases in them. I had only ordered one case! No phone, it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, according to Fedex 'site! I'm not going to take them on on the double case order until I get the phone! Don't want them to screw with that!

Last edited:

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
I don't even want to talk about this subject right now, I am so angry. Called them at 8:30, right when I received a notification e-mail that it was at the destination facility. I asked them if I could pick it up, they told me it was already on the truck on its way. Okay, great. When noon came and the FedEx truck came down my street, I called. I gave them my information and my tracking number. They informed me I called and asked for the package to be held...so I had to go pick it up (40 minute drive). So I went, and when I got there, since their systems were down, they couldn't locate my package. After waiting there for nearly an hour I was told very politely that my package was on a truck and en route to my address. I was mad at this point. So at 4:30 I decided to call them, after my estimated delivery date disappeared from their website. When I called I was told it was an "undeliverable package" and it would be at the FedEx location tomorrow for me to pick up.

I am not the happiest person right now with FedEx, I swear I will never voluntarily use them again. Wish I had the choice, I would have picked UPS as I always use them.

iFitz

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Mine was here by 10:00 am, but if you're in the middle or east side of the country, they're still having service delays because of all the weather. It all has a residual effect.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Mine was here by 10:00 am, but if you're in the middle or east side of the country, they're still having service delays because of all the weather. It all has a residual effect.

I'm in the east coast... called up UPS and was told that residential estimate is 7 PM. Still waiting....

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
This is infuriating. I just got off the phone with UPS....the lady told me that all packages that werent delivered by 4pm were now being put in "observation" by the shipper (i.e. VERIZON) and that they will not be delivered today.

She didn't say what it meant to be under observation...and refered me back to Verizon. This is complete Bulls*it!!!!!

Each3

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
I still haven't gotten my phone either it has been out for delivery since 10 am

I've called Fed Ex and the only thing the guy told me was that they still deliver till 7pm

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
The FedEx driver that dropped off my phone in Virginia also said their computers were down. He had me print my name on a sheet of paper where dozens of other customers before me had done the same.

Bad timing for their computers to go down. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.