Is anyone having trouble making a passcode?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by supremeMilo, Apr 24, 2015.

1. supremeMilo macrumors member

I enter the six digits and then hit ok and it just goes back to where I enter the passcode again.

2. DAMAC3 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue. I punch in a passcode and it won't take. I've tried initiating from the watch and phone both. I have TouchID enabled on my phone. My work email does require a passcode on my phone. I would assume it would also be required on the watch.

This sucks because I can't use Passbook or ApplePay until I set up a passcode successfully. Anyone have any ideas?

3. fstevens macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. i ended up deleting the profiles installed for my work access and resetting the watch as new. I was able to set up a passcode then. After that, I reinstalled the profiles. In hindsight, perhaps I should have tried setting up the passcode on then phone after deleting the profiles, without resetting the watch. But at that point, I'd reset the watch a few times already, so I was pretty good at it ...

I have an open case with Apple support on this, need to let them know that this worked. I was on the phone with them for quite a while but didn't have time then to remove the profiles to see if that worked.

4. DAMAC3 macrumors regular

Thanks for sharing. It is a pain in the butt, multi-step process to get mail and calendar from my work set up on my phone. I really don't want to have to go through all that. I wonder if I could pair the watch to my wife's phone, set a passcode, and then pair it back to my phone. I may try that.