Is anyone keeping there 3G and passing on 3Gs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by loskickking23, Jun 11, 2009.

1. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Not a hate 3Gs thread....I luv the new features but I am deciding to wait and see what's next..I just wanted to know how many others are not upgrading this time...

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm keeping my 3G. I mean I can upgrade in november for the 199/299 i dont want to lock myself in again tho. Im gonna wait till next years iPhone. I've had this for over 8 months, but I can easily go another year.

3. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

I'd love a 3G S but I can't afford it and i'm locked into my contract for another 14 months so no 3G S for me :eek:

although I am quite happy to wait now that 3.0 is coming next week :D

4. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I can't afford paying $400 to upgrade early. Nor will I be able to afford $400 next year to upgrade early again if I do it this summer.
    I'm just waiting until next summer to get the regular upgrade price. The 2010 iPhone better kick butt.

5. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yea, i got my iPhone 3G in December and am only eligible for the 199/299 in December after my one year, so i might as well wit 6 more months to see what the new iPhone for the yea is like. And on top of that we get the 3.0, so im good with keeping my 3G longer lol.

6. loskickking23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah...I luv the 3Gs but I still luv my 3G also...I actually have the money for the 3Gs right now but I just don't see the point if I still like my 3G...

7. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

I'm sticking with my 3G for the time being....

8. iAtot macrumors member

oh yea man. definitely.. its pretty much the same, like all the features and stuff. a faster iphone wud always be nice though. haha. :D:D:apple::cool:

oh btw. i just got mophie juice pack air for my little black baby.. id recommend it.. it does what it says on the tin

9. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Sticking with my 3G for another year. I'm actually eligible for the subsidized pricing this time next year xD

The 3G S isn't enough of an real upgrade for me, the 3G was because of the flush headphone jack, the louder speaker, and the 3G. But I really don't care fo the camera, the video (since I just bought myself a Flip MinoHD :D), or voice control.

10. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Sticking with the 3G.

Waiting to see what comes out next year...

11. Nckcard macrumors regular

I am. I don't think the new features are worth it, my iPhone 3g is fast enough as it is. I'll wait until they come up with something with a good amount of differences..

12. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

was going to hold off, until this morning when my g/f dropped her iphone in the sink. #fail

now she has my 3G and i am waiting until next friday on my gen1 iphone

13. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

14. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

15. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

i agree...i'm keeping my 3G. and by the time June 2010 rolls around I'll be eligible for subsidized pricing on the new iPhone that comes out which will be 10x better than the minor changes that they released this time in the 3G S.:D

16. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I sold mine prior to the announcement expecting an updated design. I would have been torn between keeping or selling had I known it would look pretty much identical.