Is anyone not trusting this new Apple Store app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gforce216, Jun 15, 2010.

1. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I just "successfully" reserved my iPhone for June 24 at my Apple Store, BUT although it shows up as a successful reservation on my iPhone it does not show up on Apple's website for my username's list of reservations and I have not received an e-mail confirming this reservation.

Anyone get a confirmation through either way I just talked about? Cause I'm not sure this app is actually working.

2. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

I received an email confirming my reservation, but I'm buying two 32GB black iPhone 4's. The app will only let me reserve one.

This has been the biggest technology-related clusterfvc|< since Windows ME.

EDIT: Furthermore, the email states the full unsubsidized price. Sigh.

3. NoShoreGuy macrumors regular

4. sesnir macrumors 6502

I got an email confirmation several minutes later. It also lists $699 so I don't think it even bothered to check eligibility. I'll worry about that if I pick it up locally.

I'm still trying to order it online though.

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

trust it or not, if you have a confirmation email, you get the benefit of the doubt when you walk into an apple store on the 24th to pick it up.

In this case you have proof and customer service states that the customer is always right.

it's jut a reservation. seeing how at&t's servers are acting like aol on a school night after 3, apple employees will just check your eligibility on the 24th...one can hope att's servers will hold up

6. ShukuenShinobi macrumors newbie

I too received my confirmation e-mail from the Apple Store App.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

That's been happening to everyone. Someone in another thread mentioned calling Apple about that & was advised that the correct price would be charged at the store when you pick up.

8. Odid macrumors regular

Can we later cancel the reservation and preorder it online?

9. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

I just need to figure out why it won't allow me to order a second phone for my wife's number.

And why is it that IT people can frequently suck at their job and nothing is done about it? If I sucked this badly at my job, I'd be booted.

10. rannddeee macrumors regular

How do you check the username's list of reservations?

11. Built macrumors 68020

I don't trust the app. That's why I didn't use it, and elected to drive to Best Buy instead.

The drive to and/from BB...15 minutes...

Time in store...10 minutes...

Ordered Black 32Gb...

Ready to move on with my day/week...

A BIG thumbs down to ATT and Apple, though...

12. JoTomlin509 macrumors newbie

I too also reserved a iPhone 4 32gb over the iPhone Apple Store app. Got through the whole process and it verified that I was eligible for a upgrade. After it processed I got a e-mail confirming my reserve and that I could pick it up at my local store on June 24th. The only problem is the listed price in the confirmation e-mail has the iPhone 4 at $699.99!!! What should I do?