Is anyone still using MyWi (or OnDemand w/iPad)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iPhone 6, Jul 9, 2011.

1. iPhone 6 macrumors member

I used to use it all the time but stopped months ago when I got the text from AT&T. Has anyone who has received the text from AT&T and still using it? Has anything happened to you?

2. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but I just got an iPad (and have had MyWi for a while now).

How much data did you use on the month that you got a text from AT&T? I have mostly WiFi around me but am curious about tethering with on occasion.

3. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I cannot answer the question the OP or the one above me has because I haven't received any text from AT&T, but I do use MyWi OnDemand on occasion to tether my iPad, however I use it only with a VPN. I've read that AT&T has still sent texts to those who use VPNs, but I feel a little ore safely guarded by using one. I also only do web surfing and occasional YouTube video streaming through news sites or more music while tethering, never any Netflix/Hulu or any other streaming service.

Hopefully this helps you all just a little bit. I do think that since you've gotten the text, you're now on AT&T's radar and a slip up may result in a change in your data plan. I really think this is the stance AT&T has taken with this situation.