Is anyone that interested in a 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psblake, Oct 4, 2011.

1. psblake macrumors member

Just curious is anyone going to upgrade for a faster processor and a better camera? I am not sure I want to use my eligibility for such a small upgrade.

2. NJFP macrumors 6502

Too little too soon. Nope. Gonna stick with my 2 month old obsolete iP4;)

3. NornIron macrumors newbie

NornIron

I won't upgrade from my iPhone 4 to a 4s.

iOS 5 will do.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Considering not everyone has an iPhone 4, or an iPhone to begin with - yes, people are interested.

I have a 3GS; if I want a higher-res display, faster iPhone, FaceTime, etc., I'd say its worth upgrading but that's just me.

6. PlaysARobin macrumors newbie

Whatever is released I will likely upgrade to. I need more storage and my phone is a little over 2 years old and gets used a lot for work as well as personal use of course.

Its just a phone so its not the end of the world for myself. I'll continue doing what I do and use a phone, skip the next gen, and then upgrade after the typical 2 year mark. I simply need one that functions correctly when I need it to and mine is no longer doing so.

Edit: I have a 3GS for what its worth. Wife loves her 4.

7. Deako macrumors 6502

8. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Considering I don't own an iPhone 4 personally (few household members do though) I kind of am. I love the form factor of the 4 and don't really want anything that much bigger...

9. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yes, I will be buying no matter what. I have an original Moto Droid that is on its last legs. Since buying an iPad, iOS appeals more to me.

10. d0vr macrumors 6502a

Sure, but those people who don't have iPhones could just save some cash and buy the 4 with iOS5 loaded on it. Seems logical to me. That's exactly what I'll be doing for my partner (and me if I didn't already have a 4) if these is no 5.

11. EddyP macrumors 6502

If it includes an improved multi carrier radio and a faster processor, I'm quite interested.

I don't care about a bigger screen or camera. I have an iPad and a DSLR camera that the phone will never be able to compete with. The current screen size and camera are just fine for their purpose.

I don't give a crap if they call it the 4S, 5, Jesus Phone, or magical unicorn.

If it has what I'm interested in, I'll buy it. I don't give a crap what they call it.

12. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Apple is shooting itself in the foot with the 4S if that's all that got. So many people bought the 4 that their sales this year will plummet.

I will be looking very seriously at the Nexus Prime if all I see is an iPhone 4S.

13. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Not sure yet, but most likely NO 4s for me I went thru 3G and 3GS cuz 3GS was much faster. As for 4s the iPhone 4 can already do all that no need to be much faster in this situation. Apple won't get me twice this time ;)

14. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Tim's First main performance
    Economy is heading into greater recession
    People have less income than they did in 2009 and 2010
    The competitions are heating up
    Apple waited 15 months to release a new iPhone

If they give me an iphone with just A5 processor + 8 megapixel Camera, then I will choose someone else.

15. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Another thread making decision before we even know what Tim is going to show today. Less than an hour. Let's give it a rest.

16. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Well i've been wanting the Retina screen for a while having been stuck on my 3gs. Can't wait to upgrade!

17. throx macrumors newbie

I will buy it no matter what was released later.

18. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I'm definitely going to upgrade my 3GS, no matter what Apple releases.

19. EddyP macrumors 6502

I hear you. The 3GS was huge failure after the 3G.

20. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

from an iPhone 4 to a 4S?? Not really

But the people who have been waitning months and holding out on the Phone 5 im sure its a good upgrade for them

21. 314631 macrumors 6502a

I still have my 3GS. It's a phone, it does what I want well, it runs my apps just fine, it plays my music, does email, contacts and calendar. Whatever Apple announces today will have to be very, very special to get me to spend a lot of money on a new phone. :)

22. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

It depends what other features it has but those who have the 4 like me is it worth it? Not really as it's alot to pay for just a faster phone

Dunno depends as I said on the other features

23. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

24. auxsend macrumors regular

auxsend

I would've been all over it in July. Now, not so much. Changing their release cycle like this, and then having nothing more than the same phone with updated guts, that's lame.

25. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

not at all, unless the 4s has a 4.2" or bigger screen, then yes i will be interested. If the screen is any smaller i will be trying out other phones.