Is anyone using an X-Modem with AEBS successfully?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ascender, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ascender macrumors 68000

Just a little plea for help. I bought an X-Modem last week but have been unable to get it working with my AEBS. I can get it connected to the AEBS and the WAN port on there picks up an IP address from my ISP, but after that, I can't seem to get a DHCP scope to my clients or get them to connect to the web successfully.

I was just wondering if anyone else is using this and if so, could you post how you have your AEBS configured please?

Thanks.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I just plugged in, entered my login and password, and I was off to the races. They are well setup for major ADSL services in the UK. FWIW, their tech support is also very good. Very happy with my X-Modem and the way that it works with my AEBS. No DHCP issues here. Try restoring the defaults on your AEBS and make sure that your X-Modem is in Modem mode?

3. ascender thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the info.

Would you have time to check a few things on your AEBS at some point please? Basically, how do you have the INTERNET tab configured?

There's the ETHERNET WAN PORT option and the CONNECTION SHARING option. I think this is where I'm going wrong.

I'm assuming you have it connecting via ETHERNET and IP is USING DHCP. Which then gives you an IP address from your ISP and automatically fills in the DNS server.

Do you then have your own DHCP scope configured as something like a 10.0.0.0 or 192.0.0.0 range or is it just an extension of the range from the ISP?

4. ascender thread starter macrumors 68000

I think I've got this working now on my TC, but the AEBS still won't work and the configs look identical.

Oh well, at least its up now.