Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
There must have been a firmware update recently, my video-chatting and screen sharing no longer works.

I went in to manually open the ports that ichat needs in its current version, and still nothing. I do not believe this router is actually opening the ports I tell it to.

The default setting for ichat uses old ports, so it is no help either. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so has anyone fixed it? Google did not seem to help much.

I cannot wait to find a way to get rid of this router...

Delta608

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2007
Tampa Bay
There must have been a firmware update recently, my video-chatting and screen sharing no longer works.

I went in to manually open the ports that ichat needs in its current version, and still nothing. I do not believe this router is actually opening the ports I tell it to.

The default setting for ichat uses old ports, so it is no help either. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so has anyone fixed it? Google did not seem to help much.

If you found an answer, could ya share...??

Euphoria227

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008

Do you have another router you would prefer using as your main router? I will be glad to help you set up your Fios, or point you in the right direction, without using the actiontec as your main router. I was able to set up my Time Capsule, but I had to do it specific to my in-home configuration.

First, couple questions...

1. Is the internet connection going into your Actiontec router using Coax or Cat5?

2. Do you also have Fios TV and set top boxes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.