Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
I just restored to 5.0.1 and jailbroke it, but once I loaded up cydia and started installing some sources, I get a bunch of errors in fetching packages. Is it because so many users are doing it at once that it's slowing down the server? HELP!

moargolems

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2011
Finland
Yes it is! Adding a new source is a pain in the ass, because for some odd reason it apparently goes through all sources and half of them seems to be down, so the wait is growing me a beard.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
nothing is down cydia is getting slammed because of the new untethered jailbreak is out. I always wait before attempting anything after a new release. especially since it has been so long.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You do understand that there are millions of people jailbreak ing right now... Cydia is gonna get slammed today.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Is anyone's cydia lagging?

Yes, everyones obviously:D
They're getting millions of requests from people updating and JB their devices.
Just imagine the traffic it will get for the next week or so their server and most popular cydia repos will be slammed.

linkboy

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
Mine isn't lagging, but I can't install any applications. It can't find any sources and this is on a just jailbroken iPhone.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
there slammed it always happens.. jacked my update to Corona up.. I had to do another full restore. serves me right since Cydia is always slammed the day a new jailbreak comes out.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Dude, I got slammed into the sand by a gnarly wave today. And all the jailbreak servers are slammed with requests. If any more noob jailbreakers start another freaking thread asking what is wrong on day one of the first untethered jb of iOS 5 for millions of iDevices and why they are idiots, my head is going to be slammed on my desk.:rolleyes:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Dude, I got slammed into the sand by a gnarly wave today. And all the jailbreak servers are slammed with requests. If any more noob jailbreakers start another freaking thread asking what is wrong on day one of the first untethered jb of iOS 5 for millions of iDevices and why they are idiots, my head is going to be slammed on my desk.:rolleyes:

give this man a 1,000,000 respect points. I mean this only happens every time there a major jailbreak update. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
:pThankfully, as the evening passes Cydia has been acting much more update friendly to me. I have a ton of stuff to download tho- I stayed on 5.0 until this afternoon when I was finally able to restore and update to 5.0.1.... I have a lot of tweaks.

There is probably a faster way, if I had paid for a Cydia app backup app.. but I took meticulous screenshots of all my settings and packages to be sure not to miss anything. Now filling in the gaps. The only tweak that will not download after numerous attempts is iconoclasm. Not sure if I really even need it anymore.:rolleyes:

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I dunno why, but the east coast servers must have freed up after 7:pm and I was fully re-tweaked in iOS 5.0.1 by 11:pm. iFile is whacked for now... But untethered is oh, so, sweet! Keep trying ;)

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
I am unable to add any of the good Repos.... Posix errors.... maybe I should wait. Anyone knows of MyWif 5.0 yet?

Stormy05

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
I have a feeling that this is the reason that the 4s didn't get a jailbreak today. cydia is pretty much non functioning. Imagine if the 4s got thier jb at the same time, it would take forever to recover. I think the 4s jb is done just waiting for cydia to recover.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Cydia is working for me. Did you guys do the Corona tweak? Also I had to install the winter board tweak for ios5. Before that, nothing was working. But now I have all my favorite tweaks and am crushing along.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
And I bet labman was so looking forward to the lashes. :D

you know me way to well! I'm Scottish, Irish and German so I tend to come off with a little bit of sarcasm! and yes sometimes dry humor.

I finally got pkgbackup and downloaded all my cydia apps that I had on 5.0 but one of them is throwing me in safe mode now I have to try and figure out the problem.. shoot!

Got it issue was IntelliscreenX I read they are working on it for now don't install at least for Redsn0w! not sure about Corona

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.