is apple about to ship the new iPods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnnyboy360, Sep 5, 2010.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

i went to check my order status and it says "a technical difficulty has prevented us from doing this". anybody else got this message? or is it just me?

2. xriderx11 macrumors regular

I had the same problem on the 3rd gens... It's apples way of saying "We are selling more than we are making" ..... I called apple last year of this time when i pre-ordered it. I then cancelled it because it said it for a week, than I went on Bestbuy and bought it off of that site.... Which is good because I saw that it had "accidental care" which just came in handy because my cheap computer desk fell on my Ipod touch and my whole screen shattered (when i picked it up i also cut my finger on it :( ) and they replaced it no questions asked..... So if you have bad luck or very clumsy I would switch to Bestbuy.....

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Well, they had the same stock problems with the iPhone 4 and iPad...you just have to wait I suppose.

4. xriderx11 macrumors regular

Exactly what he said!

5. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

well they told me 9th-14th delivery so will they delay it or not. why dont they just get enought for the pre orders and send them out first instead of having to make us wait cos the stores want them. we paid first!

6. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I suppose, but they can never work out the exact numbers of people who are going to pre-order, that's impossible. They make them fast, but not that fast :p

7. xriderx11 macrumors regular

Shipping out to stores and buying on Apple store online are two different stocks I believe.... They are not going to have your ipod touch with a sticky with your name on it.... They most likely send a certain amount of ipods to stores and some on the apple site... So many people are like "I got to get to the apple store!" then they buy it and there are over one million people all buying at the same time and it gets to the point where, they are all pre-ordered! But stores on the other hand, are not as crowded.... Most people buy it off of Apple site because they think they will get it faster.... If your lucky, maybe. But thats very odd..... Im expected to get my ipod touch in a couple of days... I bought my ipod touch on "September 2 , 2010" and so i guess they are bundled up in a certain amount for stores..... ( In stores i mean Bestbuy... I did buy pre-order online and pick up at store)

8. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

true true...i just hope i get it when they told me i was gonna get it

9. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

The stores get them on the 8th. UK stores at least.

10. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

I hope so :D

11. unr1 macrumors regular

hopefully they ship out before the 8th

12. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

bloody hope they do lol i am so excited for this!! see it all sparked at christmas my dad got me one cos i said i wanted it but then i said i wanted a bike so he pulled out the ipod and said "oh so you dont want this then" so he took it back and i am glad he did cos i wouldnt of had an ipod with so much more than the old one!

13. Brewstermax macrumors member

No. Apple will not ship the new iPods of any flavour until at least Wednesday. It's not their style to do that. They never said they would deliver by Wednesday, they directly said that they ship on Wednesday. And likely not a day before.

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

When did Apple directly say anything about their precise shipping day? All I remember is Steve Jobs saying "available next week".

15. Brewstermax macrumors member

No, rather, Steve said shipping in ONE week. Indicating a week to the day, which has been affirmed over and over in this short time.

16. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

so they will ship wednesday? yes or no? if so when will i get it? i got fast shipping emea

17. Brewstermax macrumors member

Yes, shipping Wednesday. You should get it between the 10th and the 14/15th, depending on when you ordered it.

18. ralts macrumors newbie

An Apple customer service person (via online chat) told me that if I pre-ordered an iPod touch online it would arrive the same day that the stores get them.

19. unr1 macrumors regular

nice :cool:

20. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Marketing wise

I don't like the way Steve Jobs announced the release for the new products. Whether he said, "Available next week" or "Available in one week" people are going to wait for the new iPods.

21. Brewstermax macrumors member

When you radically change everything, you have to build up stock. I think the week wait helps build hype. I mean, just look all around the forums, people are TALKING about it.

22. Rafterman macrumors 68020

But I suspect the demand for the new iTouch's and the other devices isn't nearly as strong as it was for iPhones and iPads. I ordered a 64GB Touch overnight and it says "Delivers on Sept 10th (Friday). So, take it for what it is.

23. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

well i ordered it at 6:30pm (BST) on 1st just after they were announced and i says its will arrive between 9th-14th what do you reckon

24. pcuser94 macrumors member

I ordered mine at 3:26PM on September 1st
    My order status is now showing prepared for shipment

Attached Files:

25. Code.Red macrumors regular

Code.Red

Nice, ordered mine at 2:06PM the day it was released and mine says the same.