Is Apple accepting apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brandonzar, Apr 30, 2008.

1. brandonzar macrumors regular

I've been wondering if Apple is accepting apps developed with the iPhone sdk yet, or if they plan on accepting them before WWDC 2008. If they aren't then it seems that we will have to wait another couple weeks for native apps even after June 9 while they approve submitted apps. (assuming that they do release the App Store at the confrence)

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

They're definitely going to be accepting apps from large companies. And I don't know where you get "weeks" from. Apps will be in the store within hours of their submission.

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Not quite the same, but I got this email today:

Enter your iPhone app in the Apple Design Awards

The Apple Design Awards 2008 features two new categories which recognize innovative iPhone application development: the iPhone Developer Showcase and the Best iPhone Web Application. Submit your iPhone SDK application, or iPhone web application, and let your work take center stage.

Entries will be accepted through May 12, 2008.

4. brandonzar thread starter macrumors regular

I think that answers the question. I had some doubts because a thought I remembered Steve said something about the app store being released in late June at the road map event.

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

They're taking submissions...but not many are really submitting yet.

I mean, every time a new SDK beta comes out, I have to change stuff...so I'd imagine that no one's really fully done.