Is Apple anti case too?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PittsDriver, Aug 20, 2010.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

OK so we all remember the press release about screen protectors and how they believe they take away from the beauty of Apple's displays. But it has been 2 months since the iPhone 4 launch, and a bunch of manufacturers have developed cases. Also many of the case designers are those which previously carried by Apple for earlier iPhone models.

I am mainly curious why Apple hasn't stocked Incase and Speck, all of their cases were sold on Apple.com for the 3G and 3GS. Also, Apple chose their cases for the iPhone case program, why not offer the other models for purchase?

I know many of use are addicted to cases and accessories for our Apple products so I am curious what you all think of the absence of cases.

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Well seeing as they are offering free ones from their case program I wouldn't call them "anti-case" if they were they'd just offer a free bumper.

As for the actual Apple stores and website, it's a new design. I'm sure they'll start stocking them soon but I think the case manufacturers are too busy stocking them for their own needs first.

3. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

They don't have unlimited shelf space, you know. I think the fact that Apple has chosen to give them away for free shows that they're anything but "anti-case".

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

I think they're definitely anti-case, but not anti-money, and they make LOADS of money from cases. I don't think you'll see Steve Jobs or Jonathan Ive ever using a case on any Apple products though.

5. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Do they actually need to? If they get the most minor of scratches on their device I'm sure they are just a little high up enough in the company :p to get a new one.

6. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I think the fact they are giving away cases doesn't show they are not anti case, but are anti recall lol. They had no choice but to offer something that will fix the reception issues.

Being pro case did not drive the iPhone case program.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think once this whole free case giveaway thing dies, then they'll start putting up cases in their Apple Store. They still sell them in the retail stores also. And I remember Steve stating something along the lines where he didn't like certain case manufacturers due to their unwillingness to keep a lid on things, i.e. design of the phone, etc. It's probably why you only see certain case manufacturers in the store and not all of them.

8. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I'm sure it's just a matter of when they'll put them back in the store. Right now with the free case program, they aren't worried about it...

9. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

it is very bizarre how you deduced that they are anti case.

10. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Isn't it just...the mind boggles.

11. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

They're not gonna start stocking cases until after September 30. If they stocked them right now, people would want to pick out a free case from Apple store stock. They'd lose money that way. I just wish they'd start stocking PS films already.