Is Apple Bringing 3 and 4 finger Multi-Touch to older PVC MB's??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jacki0, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Jacki0 macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2009
    I was surfing through all the features avaiable in the complete selection of refinements for Snow leopard ( and this caught my eye...

Multi-Touch gestures in
    older Mac models.
    All Mac notebooks with Multi-Touch trackpads now support three- and four-finger gestures.

Now i have a late 2008 white macbook pro 2.1GH and wanted to know if the trackpad that it has would be included in this statement, as i know that it is two-finger touch capable for scrolling etc but i wasnt sure if apple count the trackpad's featured in the old plastic MB's as multi-touch. I just wanted to know if, for example it was a MBP/MBA only kind of, or if it included all MB's/MBP's/MBA's Plastic or otherwise. I am only interested because if so the ability of Mutli-touch would be incredibly useful and the statement itself seemed abit vague, also there was no direct mention of it at WWDC press conference.
  2. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

May 27, 2009
    Aside from the 2 finger scrolling they do not support multi touch. My friend just got the new updated macbook (white) and it doesn't support the 3 & 4 fingers.
  3. Buskape macrumors 6502

Dec 10, 2008
    NGC 4889
  4. Jacki0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2009
    Just saw homepage

Just saw mac rumors home page, turns out it is true, which should be awesome
  5. okatidubi macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2008
    Not for the MacBook White. They only meant the early 2008 MacBook Pro and the first generation MacBook Air.
  6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

Jul 5, 2008
    Thule GL @ the TOW
    ...maybe with future whitebook updates this will become a reality...