Is Apple Charging for Pre Ordered Iphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by md63, Jun 16, 2010.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

I've seen a number of references to people having their credit card charged yesterday, however, they always seemed to be from AT&T. I pre ordered my phone for home delivery from Apple and have an order acknowledgment email and order number. I haven't seen any charges to my Amex Card. Are people who pre ordered from Apple also being charged?

Thanks

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. lolvera007 macrumors newbie

Same here...i preordered yesterday and my AMEX has not been charged yet. got the email confirmation as well...

4. 0z4rka macrumors newbie

5. mckandy macrumors member

6. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

7. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

It can take a few days for the charge to appear on your activity history.

8. mecarver macrumors newbie

I called AMEX yesterday, because my card hadn't been charged. They told me an authorization was made for $1.00, and then $299.00. I'm assuming they will just let the authorization for a buck time out and cancel, and charge the 299 they authorized. (I think its cancelled after 7-10 days if the authorization isn't charged)

9. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

went thru Apple and they charged immediately and ........................ took their time with the email confirmation lol

10. TaterToT macrumors 6502

Mine hadn't been charged but went and checked just now and it was charged, with two 1.00 charges before it

and they were just ATM processing so they weren't actually charged yet, the 1.00 charges will disappear and when the phone ships the money will come out for the phone

Visa debit

11. md63 thread starter macrumors 6502

For those who are already seeing charges on your account, are you using Amex or Mastercard/Visa?

Thank

12. kokesh macrumors regular

I used a visa debit card and there were 2 x $1 authorization charges in addition to my order charge of $299 + tax. These weren't actually CHARGED but, I guess, authorized, like the others said.

13. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL same here, they took my 199+tax out quick, but email hours later, hahahah

I used my MC. Because it was already tied to my apple id. But I used MC and was charged right away

14. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i was charged immediately and my order went thru around 4pm PST

15. Tom359 macrumors regular

Apple charged mine

Ordered through Apple site around 4:30 mountain time, card was charged today. I actually got a call from my CC company to verify that the charge was accurate.

16. uneek1 macrumors regular

I used a debit card and my available balance is $417 less than my actual balance. This actually happened before I received my confirmation email.

17. md63 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm on hold with Apple right know. I called amex and they have no charges from Apple. I hope I'm not screwed. I thought I was golden when I received the email with the order number.

18. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I placed my order on att premier yesterday at about 3 EST, and I got the email right away, but my CC has not been charged or tested yet, I just called CS and they told me they could see my order and that they will not try to hit my credit card till the phone is ready to ship, he also said that the phones will not start shipping till the 24th.... I would love to know what is really going on...

19. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

If you are picking it up in the store, then no you were not charged. If you ordered it to be shipped then yes you were charged.

20. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I still have not been charged for mine and it shows up under my order status as "not yet shipped" so it went through

21. s0vereignT macrumors member

I also put it on my Amex card. For whatever reason it seems like transactions take forever to post when I look on americanexpress.com. It's weird because my Bank of America Visa credit card posts almost immediately.

You should take a look at your available credit, because the correct amount has been deducted from my available credit, even though there's no record of the transaction yet.

22. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

The funds were taken from my account as soon as I hit submit. Which was about an hour before I got the conf email.

I think it's just a pre-auth though