Is Apple Cinema Display Compatible w/ PC

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kbtb, Jun 25, 2007.

1. kbtb macrumors newbie

Help,

I have a 23 inch Apple Cinema Display. I would like to use it with my HP DX5150. But neither Apple nor HP seem to know what to do. Here's what I know.

My cinema display has a DVI-D single link.

My HP has a DVI-D dual link.

I can connect the cinema display, but the screen remains blank. Is there something that I can do? Some one mentioned the BIOS, but I don't even know what that is.

All I want to know is - IS this possible??:confused:

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Yes, it is possible and compatible. Only thing is your graphics card output has to be one of the supported resolutions of the ACD. Probably this isn't the case. Get another monitor on it and put it into one of the supported resolutions, then hook your ACD to it. Also, does your graphics card support 1920x1200?

3. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

So, is 1920x1200 the only resolution the 23" Display supports? Might explain the hassle I have gone through yesterday with the exactly same problems - screen remains black, but works fine with a "normal" monitor.

The whole setup includes a KVM switch to... well, switch, between our Mac Pro and a rather outdated PC. I installed a gfx card in the PC which has a DVI port, but apparently the card is so old that it only supports 4:3 ratio resolutions (1280x1024 and so on). It works fine with the Mac Pro on one port and my MBP on the other, so the switch itself works fine as well.

So, what we need would be a cheap, DVI-capable AGP gfx card which supports the resolutions the Cinema Display is asking for. Any suggestions for such a card?

4. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

5. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13