Is apple doing anything to fix all the bugs? (Not a rant)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by prother1, Jan 15, 2015.

1. prother1 macrumors newbie

I'm not going to sit here and complain about all the problems iOS 8 has. Although this is the first iOS iteration that I've felt prompted to use the Bug Report tool on apple's website, usually I'm pretty accepting as long as they are working to fix it.

But are they? The only way of me having a glimpse of what is going on is through the Beta discussion pages on this forum, and all I usually see are things like:

I guess I don't really understand what exactly is going on. Developers who test the beta releases, is Apple working on the bugs? Because I'm not getting that vibe just by reading the beta posts of people saying nothing has been fixed. It's already 2015 and I'm wondering if they're just saving it for iOS 9.

2. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Looks like they are not doing anything about it. My r mini is a total wreck.

3. Narcaz macrumors 6502

No clue what's going at Apple. iOS8 feels so unfinished and now their developer are focusing on the Apple watch. Bugfixing seems to have a really low priority at the moment. No one seems to care about obvious UI glitches. I gave up reporthing this one, which has been around since one of the first 8.0 betas:

[​IMG]

4. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

I don't think they're fixing bugs.

I don't think the feedback page actually does anything apart from redirect you to a thank you page.

5. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

I think Apple have really messed up with iOS8. If it was a 'normal' year then it wouldn't be so bad and an update to make everything better would be about to drop. However, this year I get the feeling a lot of the software engineers are having to spend their time coding the updates for the Watch and iPad Pro (as well as writing iOS9) leaving pretty much no time for iOS8 optimisation. My feeling at the moment, is the big bugs will be fixed but there won't be many performance enhancements as by the time the updates for the watch (and following update to fix the watch) and iPad pro it will likely be May-June time and all the efforts will be towards iOS9. So in other words, a rushed, buggy release followed by lots of new hardware means a poor year for iOS quality. Like many others I'm really hoping that iOS9 is more of a tune-up release than a feature release and gets all the iOS devices (ipod touch, iPhone, iPad, watch, Apple TV) performing well and bug-free.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

I reported stuff with IOS 7, however I don't care about the glitches, but the "bad" bugs should be fixed. I would like the portrait/landscape and copy/paste issues addressed as they are my biggest complaints, although by far not the worst I've read about.

7. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

Anyone ever think Apple is doing this on purpose? due to the slow adoption rate of ios 8, Think about it.... if they keep this up with everyone looking for a bug fix each new update they release people install almost instantly hoping it will fix X,Y,Z...

now when ios 9 is released people will still have a buggy ios 8 and immediately install ios 9 hoping it will fix bugs, Vola ios 9 Apples highest adoption rate ever......

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Selling a customer an iPhone 6 and having them experience bugs throughout the whole period of ownership is not a very good way of getting them to buy your new iPhone 7.

9. I7guy macrumors G5

I don't have an issue with my iPhone 6. None, no issues. definitely in for iphone 7.

10. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

no its not... that being said Apple knows that iPhone users are kind of like Maple Leaf Fans, No matter how much the team sucks people still buy tickets and fill the stands.

And I am no different, knowing all these issues I still upgraded from the 5c to the 5S, I have said numerous times I am switching to Android... but have yet to do so.

Basically what I am trying to say is Apple users (including me) are very gullible And will sorry for what I am about to say.... bend over and let Apple have their way!

11. Armen, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If Apple had their way you'd be using a 3.5" iPhone that had a iOS 6 UI with no control center or notification center.

The fact that there is now a 5.5" iPhone 6, a new looking iOS, control center and notification center means Apple is doing what it can to please customers and prevent them from going to the competition.

12. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

That completely backfires and people will think every update just makes it buggier, and they won't want to clear up enough space in install it :rolleyes:

13. BigInDallas macrumors regular

BigInDallas

Of course the phone would run fast and smooth. iOS 6 was great 7 and 8, not so much. I own a 6+ and like it, but its not as smooth as my iPhone 5 was on iOS 6. Apple really needs to test software better. iOS has been a buggy mess. Things as simple as screen rotation lag is unacceptable.

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

No one is denying that iOS 7 and 8 doesn't run as fast or as smooth as iOS 6 but implying Apple doesn't care about its customers is ridiculous.

15. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Exactly, with 7.1 you could tell they were really working on bugs and performance. With iOS 8 it seems like they have other things to focus on and only making changes for the watch. If they were going to release an OS with no time to improve it they should have made 8 a smaller update.

Oh well, there's still 8.3.

16. BigInDallas macrumors regular

BigInDallas

Then they should fix the *********G stuff so that my $900 phone works properly.

17. tryphone macrumors member

Uh, yeah... There is an update coming out within the next couple of days that's going to be bug fixes and battery life improvements. Hasn't anyone heard of this? The grass isn't greener on the other side, this is how it works: a major OS update comes out with new features and cool stuff, there are bugs, and then there are a couple smaller updates to iron out these kinks. Android and windows phone are WORSE at this.

18. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Gosh, they must be truly shocking then.

19. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

No, Apple hasn't done anything to fix anything. iOS 8 was a DISASTER!!!!! And all they've been doing is re-releasing the same code over and over with a different version number in hopes that iSheep and other fruity fans are fooled into thinking that Apple actually gives a crap about its customers!!!!!!

Yeah, every version between iOS 8 and 8.1.2 has exactly the same bugs that have never been fixed. It lags like molasses, and has cut the battery life in half. I experienced this myself, so it affects EVERYONE!!!!

Good gawd ....

20. tryphone macrumors member

I like your sense of humor. You had me going for a sec lmao

----------

Actually they are. Windows phone being the worst offender

21. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I can verify that apple fixed one wifi bug that I was having. Every time I opened control center I had wifi slowdown for about 20-30 seconds. That was on 8.1.0. I jailbroke my phone and installed wifried tweak to solve the problem.

Fast forward to now. I removed the jailbreak and updated to 8.1.2. The I jailbroke my phone again and tested if there was a wifi slowdown after opening control center. There was none. Apple fixed it.

22. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

iOS 8.1.3 is going to be a good update. Apple are taking way too long for an x.x.x update. It'll be released next week.

23. ihatephish macrumors regular

Ha, I logged on today to basically post this exact question. So many little bugs. And fwiw, this is the first time I've felt like this with a new iOS, so I'm not picky. Honesty, I have the same feelings towards Yosemite.