Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintosh mickey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2021
Is apple dumping the m1 mac mini aka mac mini m1?

$600 today on amazon- just announced.

I wouldn't buy another one if you paid me $1,200.To compensate me for the one i already have or the new one i undoubtably will spend an equal amount of time on, if not more.... What is your time worth? $5 an hour.
What a piece of junk, what a brick.

Mine hasn't worked since day 1, more than 20 hours on calls with apple. 14 calls, 6 supervisors, all calif stores closed, supervisors say i need a new hd or motherboard, had to take it to a certified apple repair center, 3-5 weeks estimated return time, plus unexpected charges. On the way into the service center i passed an apple store with 5-6 employees going milling around, i asked them when they would re-open, they said maybe next week, asked them why apple shut down all their stores, they said bc apple cares about their employees.... I asked, but not their customers? They turned around, walked in the store and locked the door.

Apple knew... .Just read all the issues and reviews, they are rushing out fixes at this point. Last computer i will ever buy from apple, and i sold apples for 3 years, i've had apples since the very beginning. Big sur doesnt work on a mac mini m1. Not sure a mac mini works either. Loved the glowing fan boy first reviews from the press--- you must have gotten a specially made model, tell you what reviewers---you can have mine for $500 once i get it out of the shop in 3-5 weeks. Just let me know...First one gets it--- what, no takers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I have purchased two M1 Mac Minis and haven't had any major issues with either.

One was a base model purchased from Best Buy, the other I got BTO from Apple with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD.

I have been pretty happy with mine.It sounds like you got a lemon.

It is very hard to read your post with the all caps and lack of spacing, so I apologize if you already mentioned this, but why did you not return the M1 MM if it was DOA?

Reactions: macsound1

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am so confused right now. Is it on 'sale' on Amazon, or?
Yes, it is on sale.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
Apple wont discontinue anything that sell and needs service.
that bluetooth was a nightmare on mine, so i dumped the mini.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
Yes, it is on sale.

But delivery is scheduled for early 2024

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
The $579 sale at Costco (in-store) is pretty interesting..

There have been consistent, pretty good, sales on the base M1 Mini's.

I think they perhaps made too many of the base models.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Not to segway too far from the original posters conversation.

But, I do wonder, with Amazon and Costco offering these items on 'sale', are they merely trying to encourage consumers to purchase items during the current times we're in...

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Typically the easiest thing to do is return a DOA device. Should have done that right away.

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
If this is your last Apple product, perhaps its time you delete your Macrumors account as well. Should have returned the product if you knew it wasn't working properly.

Reactions: Fuchal

EdwardC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Microcenter has them for $599.00 as well here locally.

Reactions: circatee

applehouse

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
it was on sale on Amazon bc Costco had it on sale for $600 this week as well. I grabbed mine this week bc of how inexpensive it was. I got a Elecife dock and put a 1TB SSD in it. Now I can upgrade storage easily and cheaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.