Is Apple ever gonna optimize Field Test app?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by rpetunderclass, Feb 3, 2016.

1. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Probably not.

I am grateful it has received iOS 7 style make-up at least.

2. solodogg macrumors 6502

Has anyone else submitted a bug report that it doesn't work on a 6s? I have, and never heard back.

3. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Field test works on my 6s+.

4. mariusignorello macrumors 65816

More often than not its used for non public-facing reasons so no, probably not.

5. campyguy macrumors 68040

The Field Test app's capabilities have been updated, but not its GUI. I'd been using the "Nokia Code" for over 20 years - starting on Nokia Symbian S40 and S60 handsets - in order to get optimized cell reception (voice and data) in remote job sites in the PNW - one of the last service challenges of cell phone service in the US. I'm from NY, and I'm pretty sure I can fit Delaware or Rhode Island in any of the remaining 20-odd holes in cell service around the PNW. The app can identify and quantify current data/information, data/information that the FT app couldn't detect even a year ago.

I know that the iPhone app's capabilities have been updated since it's able to quantify HSPDA-, LTE-, and CDMA-related data - I use both VZW and ATTWS handsets, and check for tower/antenna ID info and data capabilities at all of my job sites. In one project location (Wahkiakum County, WA), I was able to determine just last week the "voice" layers and "data" layers over LTE - the GUI of the Field Test app is irrelevant - It. Just. Works.

6. solodogg macrumors 6502

Pics for proof. You would be the only one I've seen that can view bandwidth and not get a crazy LTE band. 6/6+ work fine, S devices don't.