Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
If they make something like Surface Pro 4, that is good. I still want a powerful Mac laptop. Hope they are not dropping Mac line of products.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
If they make something like Surface Pro 4, that is good. I still want a powerful Mac laptop. Hope they are not dropping Mac line of products.

I hope they'll keep iOS and macOS seperate. I agree that the lack of hardware updates are a bit worrying, but let's keep our fingers crossed for a great update in September. :)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I actually think the reverse. u'd think the Apple pencil touching icons with it on a OS X style looking iPad Pro would seem like a great idea...

I guess not. I'm only saying this, cos its got potential, and Apple can't see it... Instead they just limit the pencil to fun stuff like drawing and creativity..... which is not everyone. Just saying the pencil could be put better use as an OS on a tablet, what it was actually meant for apart from drawing.

Back in the days of the iMate (my mate hate) he and others enjoyed using it (not a full blown OS, but limited but still had a stylus attached)... don't see much different her with the pencil... if a old style device could do it.

Don't wanna see it on the desktop..... the pencil is designed for tablets

Last edited:

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
South Carolina

The Mac isn't going anywhere. iOS has gotten to where it is because developers made apps for it. Apps written in Xcode.... on a Mac..... No Mac, no apps, no iOS, no way...

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I still like to say this is all "by choice"

"No one is forcing u to write apps for iOS or use Xcode, but by doing so got iOS and Mac where they are today" :)

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015

Based on what?

In which way is the APFS related to any of those subjects?

Do you even understand what a filesystem is?

JackRipper

macrumors regular
May 14, 2002
South Carolina
I still like to say this is all "by choice"

"No one is forcing u to write apps for iOS or use Xcode, but by doing so got iOS and Mac where they are today" :)
I'm still not sure what you are saying. I am not an iOS developer. I just know that in order for iOS to thrive, you need a Mac. "but by doing so got iOS and Mac where they are today" What? I think you're in the wrong thread. This is all by choice? What are you talking about? I thought this discussion was about whether or not Apple's new file system would be a step towards eliminating the Mac. What are you talking about? Maybe you should start your own thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.