is apple giving me the new ipod touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by niksynik7, Sep 10, 2009.

1. niksynik7 macrumors newbie

I ordered my mbp and ipod touch during back to school offer.
    Just today, apple cancelled the previous version of ipod touch and now the status says cancelled-replaced with new product.
    the code number starts from MC0.....

2. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

The iPod touches that come with the bts sales are 8gb iPod touches. The new iPod touches that were released are the 32/64gb iPod touches because they now have the same processor as the iPhone 3GS. The 8gb touch is still the same. So no apple is not giving you the new iPod touches.

-Tony

3. macboy4 macrumors regular

Actually he could have ordered any iPod in the lineup. The education promo just gives you up to a $229 rebate so he could have ordered a 16 (when they still existed) or a 32 and paid the difference. If so, perhaps he is getting the new one.

4. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I would assume the whole point of this promotion is to clear stock of old iPods to make way for the new ones, so it wouldn't make sense to replace an old one with a new one.

5. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

... unless they ran out of the old ones. Doubt it, but just sayin'! :D

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes it would. He is not getting the new Touch.

But if it were a repair/return situation, they keep a small stock in hand for warranty returns. You get what you give back and you may even get a refurb back.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry OP, but you will not be receiving the new iPod Touch.

8. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

You are right Macboy4. But usually the questions that arise for the BTS sales are usually asking about the 8gb model. Most people I can think of get the 8gb model since its free. Most people don't think they would need more than 8gb. But as we know.... there are a lot of people out there who think 32gb-64gb isn't enough as well.

-Tony

9. Hj12345 macrumors member

I phoned Apple earlier today and asked why did not my order had shipped (ordered five minutes before the campaign ended) and then they said to me that it was for the new iPod Touch arrived, so I would get the new Touch, all free of charge.

so it's probably the same thing for you, and I ordered the 8GB. :)

10. mrbrightside623 macrumors regular

Nothing new in the 8gb iPod Touch since the 32gb and 64gb are the ones who got the new processor. Maybe it's that fact that they ship with 3.0 or 3.1?

-Tony

11. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

If its the 8gb touch there is nothing new its just a lower price point nothing was updated on that the 32gb and ther 64gb are the ones with the new processor headphone mic and voice control