Is apple going to release more monitors?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jb60606, Mar 6, 2009.

1. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

I've been itching to buy one of those new 24" ADCs, though they seem to be geared towards being an extension for the MacBooks, Pros and Airs. Do you think this means that they'll be releasing more models?

I'd hate to take the plunge only to be burned by a late summer '09 monitor update.

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I expect it, I would wait for WWDC this summer. It looks like WWDC will be from June 6th to June 12th.

David

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

More than likely, Apple will release new screens, with LED backlighting and Mini-DisplayPort connectors for newer machines (likely with DVI connector or adapters as well for older systems) soon. Especially since all of the new systems, except for the White MacBook have Mini-DisplayPorts.

TEG

4. MVApple macrumors 6502a

No way. If Apple releases new monitors they will be 22" and 20" versions of the current 24" monitor. If you want a smaller monitor then you might want to wait, if not buy the 24" monitor.

Apple took years to update their monitor line. There's no chance that we are going to see an update a few months after a monitor has been released.

I imagine they will release adapters for the older macbook pro's though, it would only make sense.