Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angra-mainju

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
UK
I honestly don't understand it. Why most of the ppl in here think that when a product is not updated regularly... Apple is killing it off? Hmm? People were frustrated when MBA wasn't updated on time... or Mac Pro, I'm not even gonna mention about the iPod Classic...

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
this...post is full of BS.

1.) there's a ton to improve with iWork. it's nowhere NEAR good enough to be a reasonable replacement for MS Office for professionals.

Therein lies the flaw in your logic. iWork will not, is not, and never has been targeted as an Office replacement. If you want a commercial replacement for Office, then buyout Corel and bring back WordPerfect and port the rest of the WordPerfect suite to the Mac or persuade IBM to revive Lotus and port the rest of SmartSuite. Your chances of success are at least as good as waiting for Apple to repurpose iWork.

Hallivand

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Well for iWork '09, Keynote blows Powerpoint away in terms of effects and just general polish.

A keynote presentation always looks more...spiffy as compared to the powerpoints I see. Maybe its just the skill level, but Keynote lets you access advanced features more easily than PowerPoint, which is a massive application with tonnes of features buried everywhere.

robm99x

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Boston, MA
It is possible to set it up, I have dug up this thread which may provide the solution although it may be an older version of Pages, I forget when it was last updated.

Back in the day, ClarisWorks / AppleWorks was the best program suite I ever used. The seamless integration (well, aside from database documents -- which I still cannot convert) and the low cost and speed were awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.