Is Apple Losing its Magic?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Michaelgtrusa, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Is Apple Losing its Magic? This is worth watching.

2. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

The magic died after a prolonged fight with pancreatic cancer. The mourning period is over. Move on.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its interesting video, but I disagree with his thesis and examples he used (for the most part).

He praises MS for an innovative Surface Dial, but marginalizes the touch bar. I think in all honesty the touch bar will have more usefulness and impact on more people then a dial.

I was going to go into my response with a lot of details and examples but at the end of the day, it was clear the YT author really wasn't exploring the issue, as much as justifying his position.

Apple is less of a company without Steve Jobs, they've had some missteps and questionable decisions. You can argue about it lost is coolness, but that's because Steve Jobs imbued that coolness, there's nothing hip about Tim Cook, and Apple is taking on that personality.

4. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

People have been asking this question since 1976, boring.

5. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

So do you think that recent releases are as good as Apple best?

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Wait I thought Tim Cook was Harry Potter after he grew up???

My hopes are now dashed THANKS :cool:

7. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

They've lost their focus on making products that just work. If there were no software issues, I'd cough up hardware issues as the nature of making millions of said product as is true with any company.

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

For me, the magic died with the passing of the 17" MBP ... I'm still hanging around but only because of the major INVESTMENTS I've made in the ecosystem.

9. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

Apple has never marketed magic more than now. Says a lot about Tim crooks apple