Is Apple Macbook Battery Replacement Program Worth It?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by calebcaleb, Sep 28, 2011.

1. calebcaleb macrumors newbie

SO I have a macbook 6,1 the white unibody from 2009 and my battery doesn't last as long. Prolly 2 hours max for a fully charged battery. It has 463 battery cycle count so I think it's time to replace it (or is it not?).

I found out that apple can replace your macbooks battery for $129, is it worth the price or going to a third party seller is the way to go? is it safe and fully compatible with macbooks?

THANKS!

2. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I know Apple doesn't recommend you install it yourself, and it would cost about the same if you bought it froma 3rd party seller like iFixit. But if you really think that you can install it yourself, then iFixit has a guide that tells you how to do it. Hope this helps :)

Also if you upgraded your computer to Lion, then that's probably why your battery doesn't last as long...

3. session101 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go with a genuine battery because it will last longer and give you less problems