Is Apple Maps accurate enough in Vancouver, BC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kylera, Feb 8, 2016.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I'm going to Vancouver, BC for a weeklong trip soon, and I was wondering whether the stock Apple Maps is good enough for me to rely on as I get out and about the city.

2. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

You are very likely to get biased answers here, given that it is an Apple forum. I keep hearing people praise the updates/upgrades to Apple's Maps, but it still gives me the wrong directions even in a major city like Los Angeles.

Google Maps has been far more reliable and accurate, imo. I would trust that as the #1 source, generally speaking. I have no experience in Vancouver, personally.

There is also an app called Waze.

If you are taking a trip, I would just get all of them available and just run a test or two when you get there to see which one works better for you.

3. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I use Google maps for my mapping needs but Apple maps in NYC is accurate enough that I don't notice a difference if I need to use it in a pinch of my Macbook Pro of even on my iPhone. I like the transit data on it actually so I use it over Google at certain times

4. modelsown macrumors newbie

I live in Vancouver and have had no problems with Apple Maps. Google maps may show more business listings though.

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I live in PNW and visit Vancouver quite often and yes, Apple maps is fine there. If you want offline maps since there's no data access, you can download Google maps and capture Vancouver as the offline map.

Enjoy BC!