Is Apple missing out on a great Opportunity?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyberguycpt, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Now that the Note 7 is officially being recalled do you think Apple should try and entice Note 7 users over. I'm not saying doing it in a way that will have users feeling like Apple is taking jabs but more in the way of saying hey we understand you have been Displaced and we are here to help. A good idea would be maybe to give Note users that turn there phone in a credit so they could get the 128 GB for free and the 256 GB for $149. What do you guys think?

2. Simbazz macrumors regular

In all seriousness, the competition bring 's name into their ads, why can't  play by the same book? I was just at the cinema, and HP had an advertisement showing a pen being used on the screen, with the comment "I couldn't do this with a Mac," but no mention at all of an iPad.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No. All Note 7's need to go back to Samsung. No reason Apple should collect them.

I don't think Note users need any help finding their way to Apple. They know where to go if they're feeling burned.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

"Your HP Pavilion has an exploding battery and is part of the recall program? Here's $200 off a new Mac if you trade it in."

Same argument. Not going to happen. People will buy a Mac if they want a Mac. They'll buy an iPhone if they want an iPhone.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I think some have already decided on getting the iPhone 7 instead and there are those who will just wait until they can get their phones replaced by Samsung.

On a side note I put my S7 edge into Apples recycling thing online just to see how much they would offer me and it came back as £0 but said that it would still take the phone and recycle it lol

6. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Are maybe not even Apple maybe the carriers should do something like this to help get these phones off the street. And yes some will find their way here but some are very stubborn. The phone was officially recalled and some are saying they will have to take it from their cold dead hands. Lol. I'm like they won't be cold. Lmao.

7. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Can you imagine Apple Charging in on their white horses to get those phones off the street. I can hear Phill and Tim talking about courage....

8. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Let Samsung take care of Samsung.
    All other vendors should stay out of it.

9. HEK Suspended

HEK

Entice them over why? Apple can not meet current demand. Why would they need further customers at this point. Six months from now perhaps.

10. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

I honestly don't think there is that much demand on T-Mobile unless you want the Jet Black one.

11. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

This was the phone nobody was going to buy due to 3.5mm-ragegate. I'd be lucky to get one by December if I order now.

12. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Where are you guys ordering from with T-Mobile the only phone shipping in November is the Jet Black with a few high capacities in October but most shipping in September.

13. firewire9000 macrumors regular

Apple will collect all Note 7 on the market and they all will explode in Cupertino at the same time. Well done Samsung.

14. HEK Suspended

HEK

Well get them to the AT&T side cuz there are lots of customers with delivery dates past the 16th.

15. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

This.

I already cannot get a reservation yet for my 7 Plus.

16. Cyberguycpt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyberguycpt

Maybe you guys should come over to T-Mobile. T-Mobile pretty much only sales their phones on Apple and from T-Mobile which is good and bad. Bad because we only have two options to buy. But good because the inventory doesn't get split up between so many different retailers.
    Which is probably why the inventory is so limited.

17. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I am on the 3 network in the UK and i do not want to go to another network :)