is apple outsourcing refurbished Mac's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacHamster68, Nov 24, 2010.

1. MacHamster68, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

hello not sure if thats the right section to post , but
    i recently found on the pc world site in the uk refurbished Mac's , no surprice there as they sell new Mac's too ,
    but these refurbished Mac's only come with 12 month warranty and do not qualify for apple care

and on the other hand apple uk seems in the last couple month sell less and less refurbished Mac's
    so it looks like apple sells most of their refurbished Mac's to pc-world now , but without the option to get apple care for them , only pc world warranty

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, Apple doesn't outsource refurbished models. They all come with a 1 year warranty and are eligible for AppleCare. I don't know where PC World is getting theirs, but they're not Apple Certified Refurbished Products.

For those who have ad-blockers, like me, this is your PC World link with the advertising redirect stripped off.

3. MacHamster68 thread starter macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

alright so maybe a coincidence , i was just surprised ,
    as the new apples at pc world can have apple care ,but their" refurbished" ones not , and i really wonder where these come from and why they dont qualify for apple care ,as they had been new at one point too and under apples warranty
    i mean i could buy a ~10 or 11 month old Mac's that was sold from apple as refurbished even on ebay and still get apple care for it, so what makes these at pc world worse then a used refurbished Mac on ebay that apple says "no apple care "