Is Apple releasing new Hardware This Week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Mar 1, 2008.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I have been to all three Apple Stores in the DC/VA metro area and there are no more 16 gb iPhones to be found. I read another post that this is also the case in NYC as well. Are the stores trying to get rid of their stock?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This soon after their release? I really doubt it...

3. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

It's a hot seller. I traded my 8GB in for one.

4. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

New Hardware? Always a potential. Maybe new iMacs with the upgraded Penryn processors.

New iPhone? Highly unlikely. We won't hear about a new iPhone until Apple clears out their current inventory.. which could take awhile. Plus with FCC and all that, earliest possible would be late may/early june.

5. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Apple must be laughing their heads off - being able to sell the "same" product to so many people twice. Certainly must give them some confidence that a revised iPhone should do well - and puts them well on target for that 10 million mark. Not that I begrudge people the right to spend their money as they wish - just that I'd like to see a few more features before replacing my 8GB iPhone.

Of course the potential deluge of applications that are imminent could change my mind on that.

6. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

Agreed. It's going to take quite a bit for me upgrade.

True, but even then the apps that we've seen via jailbreaking are miniscule at best. In order for us to fill up 8GB, we'd have to DL more apps than we could possibly ever use.

7. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

Is this the pot calling the kettle black? It's not like you don't own an iPhone at all. For you it takes more features to upgrade. For others, more space was sufficient.

When the iPhone v2 is released, I bet I'll get more for my newer 16GB iPhone, and I barely paid $100 for it.

8. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

I doubt any new hardware, nothing's been rumoured.

I'd say if anything perhaps a few minimal price drops or some updated specs on the iMac (unlikely though)

9. werkedm3 macrumors member

They could announce a new phone, but we will not see it due to the FCC