Is apple shipping always this bad...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dt1027, Mar 6, 2008.

1. dt1027 macrumors newbie

dt1027

Finally took the plunge and ordered my first mac last Thursday and while the free printer only took 1 day to get here the laptop still isn't here and isn't scheduled to get here till tomorrow so I guess my question is, does it always take this long? I mean, I am really excited for MB to get here but a week seems pretty ridiculous considering 3 days of the journey were from Memphis, TN to Charlotte, NC.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

But it was the weekend. Only under special circumstances to shipping companies move freight over the weekend. It is no Apple, it is who you chose to ship with.

TEG

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

2 of those days where the weekend, so no apple arent normally that "slow" thats still pretty quick

4. dt1027 thread starter macrumors newbie

dt1027

Sorry, I ordered it last thursday, but the 3 days between Memphis and Charlotte was this Monday-Thursday during the week, maybe my post should have been on is FedEx ground shipping always this bad

5. chinarider macrumors regular

Thats the free shipping - You could have upgraded......

6. dt1027 thread starter macrumors newbie

dt1027

true, i guess i just hoped the laptop would get here as quickly as the printer did, i'm just anxious to get my hands on my new toy, but you are right, I probably should have upgraded...

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Most of the time free shipping is VERY SLOW. There's a reason it's slow, they put the order on the lowest priority and it's shipped the same - slow ground. I ordered my Office 08 from Amazon for $129 with free shipping and it didn't ship until four days later and did not arrive until six days after that. That's what I get for selecting free shipping :) The thing was shipped regular USPS ground.

8. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You can't really blame Apple for it unless you paid for faster shipping. It's the shipping companies that are at fault, but Apple will take the blame for them if they mess up. Apple will always refund the shipping cost if it's not delivered within the expedited shipping timeframe.