Is apple steping away from Aqua?

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
I have been exploring the apple website and it seems to me that every new/ updated product or web page on apple.com is now more colorful and less "aquaish" do you think that this will be the new and upcoming theme for leopard? I really like it so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Edit: Example of new theme Switch

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
perhaps, or maybe they are just trying to look more appealing, fresh, and welcoming to non-mac users

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
Apple has employed at least one new web developer (I'd suppose a few) that are now giving things more of a fresh feel. However, I think that Apple is starting a new fresh theme with it's consumer products. For example, the iLife and iWork boxes, the iPod shuffle banners; they all have a new feel that's different. I don't think Apple is planning to make a major change in their Aqua interface though.
-Chase

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
It definatly looks like they are stepping away from aqua and i have to say i like it, the new "Sticky" look is great its very fresh and appealing...

ShadoW :)

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
It looks like iCal. Aqua is looking somewhat dated. Whatever they choose I wish they would just pick one theme and stick with it, instead of having Aqua, brushed metal, that horrible transparent black in the iPhoto image adjustment windows, Mail.app having a completely different look, etc. It's getting almost as bad as Linux with everything looking different. Well, OK, it's nowhere near that bad yet...

TDM21

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
pubwvj said:
Ugh. I would rather wish they would not keep messing with the interface.
But if Apple doesn't make changes to the interface then Microsoft won't have any reason to upgrade their Windows interface. :D

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
alex_ant said:
It looks like iCal. Aqua is looking somewhat dated. Whatever they choose I wish they would just pick one theme and stick with it, instead of having Aqua, brushed metal, that horrible transparent black in the iPhoto image adjustment windows, Mail.app having a completely different look, etc. It's getting almost as bad as Linux with everything looking different. Well, OK, it's nowhere near that bad yet...
I agree, it's a joke how they can insist that developers adhere to Apple's interface guidelines when you can scarecely find an Apple product anymore that does. I'm all for trying new UI designs, but a little more consistency would be nice, it's really getting out of control lately. Widgets didn't help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.