Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Anyone know? I know usually they close the window quick, but are they still allowing me to install iOS 7?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Unlikely.

I'm not trying to sound rude or ungrateful, but SERIOUSLY? Why do you respond if you have no affirmative answer one way or the other? It contributes NOTHING to a thread if you reply with that.

----------

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say no.

Not to be rude, but I was looking for more than speculation. Hopefully someone will read this thread who just did a restore today and let us know one way or another. Actually I'll just try and see, and will report back.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I'm not trying to sound rude or ungrateful, but SERIOUSLY? Why do you respond if you have no affirmative answer one way or the other? It contributes NOTHING to a thread if you reply with that.

Any response is good as it bumps your thread up and into Forum Spy where folks can see it. That's how I got here. :)

And by responding, I've just bumped your thread again. You're welcome.

(BTW, I'm not just idly killing time: I'd also like to know the answer to your question. Particularly for a 4s. Anyone?)

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Just restored my 5S to 7.1.2, Apple still signing. An unnamed publication (which competes with macrumors so shall be left nameless) said Apple will close the signing window today, so if anyone is looking to restore, do it now.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
Looks like it still be signed based on the links in my previous post, I would hurry while you still have the chance.

I reverted back to iOS 7 on my 5S and iPad 2.

----------

Just restored my 5S to 7.1.2, Apple still signing. An unnamed publication (which competes with macrumors so shall be left nameless) said Apple will close the signing window today, so if anyone is looking to restore, do it now.

Good to know, thanks. I will pass this on to some of my friends who keep saying they will do it later.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Good to know, thanks. I will pass this on to some of my friends who keep saying they will do it later.

If history is any guide, restoring a device you intend to sell to 7.1.2 will GREATLY increase it's sales value, since in 1-2 months it'll likely be very difficult to find a phone which can be jailbroken. Selling it on 7.1.2 makes it much more desirable, and in many cases get you a bit more resale.

zBoost

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
They still sign 7.1.2. I just restored BUT the ******** iCloud doesn't want to restore my ios 7 backup. All it says is Cannot restore backup. :mad:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey

----------

Not to be rude, but I was looking for more than speculation. Hopefully someone will read this thread who just did a restore today and let us know one way or another. Actually I'll just try and see, and will report back.

NOT TO BE RUDE but how about you simply find out through itunes? instead of asking on here & responding like a dick to everyone offering as much info as they know

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
If history is any guide, restoring a device you intend to sell to 7.1.2 will GREATLY increase it's sales value, since in 1-2 months it'll likely be very difficult to find a phone which can be jailbroken. Selling it on 7.1.2 makes it much more desirable, and in many cases get you a bit more resale.

Wonder if my Unlocked 4S on 7.1.2 is worth anything then.

Wegee

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2009
For those of you are having problems restoring backup, I wrote a mini guide (sort of) to make a selective backup app by app. Keep in mind this is usefull before any restore/downgrade/upgrade-

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1787818/

If you have a backup on your computer you can also extract datas from backup using many of the backup extractor around (like imactools, wondershare etc, there are many that just make the same thing).

Important: keep a separate copy of your backup to avoid itunes to overwrites or delete accidentally (the stupid auto-sync auto-deletes your backup if you setup the device as new)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.