Is Apple still signing 8.1.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MaskedCarrot, Dec 12, 2014.

1. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

Are they? Or have they already stopped signing it.

My battery life on my IP6 went down considerably, and considering I did not have any problems with 8.1.1, I wanted to go back.

I'm not sure yet if I want to downgrade my Air 2 back to 8.1.1. yet, but I better make up my mind soon.

On a side note, it's crazy that we have to scramble to do this still before they stop signing their firmwares. Why can't they just be decent and let you install whatever version you wish without hassle.

2. kolax macrumors G3

Sure it isn't an app you've downloaded or been using more excessively lately? If you use it, Snapchat absolutely wrecks your battery, so even using it a little more frequently will make a big difference.

3. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I originally thought that I had an app giving me grief, but I couldn't think of anything differently I was doing.

I use my phone lightly cause I'm at work all the time. Basically reading news apps, texting and facebook are my main things I do.

I can usually go around 3 days before I get down to 30% and figure it's time to plug it in. After I updated to 8.1.2 I was at 50% battery by evening on day 1, and I didn't use it any differently than before.

4. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Just recalibrate your battery. Usage it till 0%, then charge to full with no interruptions.

5. MaskedCarrot thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advise. But I still am wondering if Apple is still signing 8.1.1. Anyone have any idea?

6. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Yes it is. You can always check here if you'd like, for future reference:

https://ipsw.me/all