Is Apple still supporting iWeb and iDVD?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dimi94941, Nov 11, 2011.

1. dimi94941 macrumors regular

I love these two applications and I use them on regular basis... but we've only seen updates to iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand and that's it. Will Apple discontinue iWeb and iDVD or will updates ever come for these?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The iDVD and iWeb versions sold are still the 2009 versions. While they have both gotten a few updates over the years to fix bugs, they haven't gotten any major overhauls. I think they are slowly dieing but will be made compatible with newer software for a few more years.

3. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

They're pretty much obsolete as far as apple seems to be concerned. Considering they don't ship on new machines nor can you purchase them from the app store.

4. dimi94941 thread starter macrumors regular

That sucks big time. I thought Apple wanted to make "tools for creating" available to those not experienced enough to use more complex programs...:( When they discontinue it, does any of you recommend a replacement for iDVD?

5. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

You could use Toast. Honestly I think Apple is trying to kill physical media all together, so the idea of iDVD is old and the program hasn't been updated in years.

6. dimi94941 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your answer but I already have Toast, what I'm looking is something to make my home made DVDs look beautiful, with those templates, for example for my cousins wedding, I made a DVD with iDVD and added custom songs, pictures, and stuff, it was awesome... Hopefully there is another similar program to this.

7. Appleruinedme macrumors newbie

The last mac update killed my idvd.. used it to burn DVDs. Now all i get is a green screen so i'm going to say no, they left idvd for dead among other things.