Is Apple Store in store pick reliable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vell843, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

Anyone who has went to Apple site or Apple Store app and orderd a phone via in store pick if the store had your type in stock. How did that work out for you? I saw on the site they will send to a email when phone is ready for pick up. What I don't want to happen is order online for in store up b/c it says available today and then get a email saying the opposite.

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I did it and it worked out perfectly. In fact, I got a text telling me the phone was ready for pickup. Also, I got to avoid the huge line that way.

3. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You should be fine really. Just place an order, do the in-store pick up and you practically reserved your phone. Once you get an e-mail telling you that your order is ready to be picked up, just go to the apple store.

At my local Apple Store, I've checked since yesterday and they still have the 6 plus's available. But of course now they are sold out.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

If they are listed as available, and you order one for same day pickup, you will get one. I reserved mine at the Apple store about 1 hr away from where I lived. Picked it up with no issues. If one is reserved for you, they wont sell it to any walk-ins

6. toxicity033 macrumors member

7. go ipad macrumors member

go ipad

Yes, it's reliable.

I found 6+ available from Apple Store in my area, NYC. Canceled my current order with VZW and submitted a new order via Apple Store app (around 11:00 PM) and picked up a 6+ next day without waiting on any lines.

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Got my 6+ that way the day after launch. Put my order in at midnight and picked it up when they opened the same day. Very reliable in my experience, definitely going to be my choice of ordering iPhones now. Beats the lines as well! I was in line and out of there in 15 mins with 3 people ahead of me in line.

9. Carolina blue macrumors member

I ordered my phone for pickup at 2:20 p.m. yesterday and at 2:40 p.m. I got an email and text saying my order was ready before I could even get to the store. They got a large shipment in yesterday and I was able to bypass the outside line but I still had to wait inside the store for 10-15 minutes because of the number of people picking up phone orders ahead of me. It was still a lot better than the line of 30-40 waiting outside for a reservation number for what was left of the shipment.

10. jwill99 macrumors member

I bought an iPhone 6 Plus online this morning, picked it up at the store and was back home within 2 hours from placing the order. I had to go ourt anyway so I just went on to the store without waiting for the notifaction. Ordering on line for in store pick up is great.

11. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

In store pickup on launch day was horrible, took half an hour as most store representatives were helping out "the line".

12. JeepGC macrumors regular

13. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

No issues, in and out on launch day, ~ 10 minutes in store.