All iPads Is Apple telling the Truth?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jeans89, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Jeans89 macrumors regular

Do you think that Apple has maybe slipped from the truth when it says (in it's webpage) that:

"iPad mini with Retina display lets you do more than you ever imagined. Feature for feature, it’s identical to iPad Air in every way."

As facts are that it has lower color gamut and lower clock speed. :confused:

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

OMG...you're right!

All advertising copy is always 100% true! Ad copy NEVER exaggerates the qualities of a product.

It's always The Truth...and now Apple has written some ad copy that is...well...maybe just a bit less than 100%, Absolute Truth.

What is this world coming to!?:(

:rolleyes: <-------Note!

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Clock speed is not a "feature". It's a specification.

4. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

In that sense the features are identical in all iPads.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Are you concerned about Apple or just what is the complaint ? Apple doesn't force anybody to purchase any of it's products and there are a ton of threads that have all the info you would ever want about iPads right here on MR.

6. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

Of course it is marketing. But it is very specific to say that two products are identical.

----------

It is about trust. I think as a customer I should be able to trust what Apple says is true.

7. cababah macrumors 68000

Treat Apple like any other company; they exist to make money. Why do you need to "trust" them? Make your own educated decisions based on your own research instead of blindly following a corporation.

Apple likes to pretend they are out to improve people's lives which may be true to a certain extent but make no mistake about it; it's your credit card they're after.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not to gild the lily.... but Caveat Emptor.

9. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

your listing specs that control how the device does or displays something. features are what your device can do

10. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah sure. And how are the features different in any iPad?

11. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Would this make you feel better?

12. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

IMO they should not say that they are identical, because they are not.

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

OK...Apple lied.

They are not identical.

You can't trust what Apple says.

Only measurable specs (e.g. height, width, etc.) are accurate.

Since you have made up your mind about the issue, it's not clear what you are looking for in this thread.:confused:

14. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

15. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I'm not very "trade-savvy" (probably not the right word, sorry) , but isn't it kinda stupid even from a commercial standpoint? Who would advertise two different(ly priced) products to be identical? Imagine a carmaker, say BMW, to run ads like "The new BMW 1 series lets you do more than you ever imagined. Feature for feature, it’s identical to the 3/5/7 series in every way." ("And the best thing is that it saves you quite a bit of cash, too!")

16. chabig macrumors 68040

OMG, I just realized the Mini is SMALLER than the Air. I guess they're not identical.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No. They go on to list every feature. The ones they chose to include in the ad. And by that list, with the exception of size which they clearly state as an exception, the Air and the rMini ARE identical.

"Feature for feature, it’s identical to iPad Air in every way. Except for its super-portable, hold-it-in-one-hand, still-just-right mini size."

Scroll down and they list feature by feature.

Same resolution
    Same number of pixels
    Same processor
    Same co-processor
    Same "great battery life"
    Same advanced wireless
    Same apps
    Facetime and iSight cameras
    iOS 7
    iCloud
    Airplay, Airprint and Airdrop
    Smart cover and Smart case
    Applecare +

Those are the features they were referring to. Apple purposefully does NOT advertise MHz, RAM, gamut, or any other spec as a feature. Just because we call them features doesn't make them so. Whoever MAKES the iPad gets to decide what is a feature and what is not.

18. MacInTheCrack macrumors member

19. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Oh so Apple is saying they are the same size, too?

20. donnaw macrumors 65816

This list is probably what will keep them out of trouble. There are laws about 'truth in advertising'. Apple is skirting it pretty closely. As for each person 'doing research' etc. most consumers don't have the time/knowledge to do this, hence the law. But by listing specific 'features' they get by. I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't take them to task over it though.

21. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I think we were givien a brain to reason things out.

Why would you think you should trust Apple when our government lies so much they can't keep track anymore. I am sure your government is not being 100% truthful with you either.

You got to think for yourself and make you own choices.

22. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Jeans89,
    I would like to thank you for starting this silly thread. I went to Apple's website, and looked at the Features page from which you cited, and it strengthened my resolve to get an rMini today. :D Seriously!

ZBoater has already listed the "features" Apple is clearly referring to on that page, and neither color gamut nor clock speed are among them. If you were to say, "I'd like for color gamut and clock speed to be among the features", that would be a valid statement. I could just as easily say that price should be a feature, and maill Apple a check for $100-$300 to compensate for the rMini's lower price.

My wife and I switched over from Android tablets to Apple products early this past Spring, but did choose the HTC One over the iPhone 5S. We didn't switch because of the advertising, but I must admit the layout on their website is quite good compared to Samsung and others (HTC doesn't seem to bother with advertising :confused: ). They're not lying to us, and I think they provide quite a bit of useful information for the consumer. You should do your own research as well, however, and then make a more informed decision.

Drinking Budweiser will not enhance your chances with women, nor make you young again. Smoking will not improve your volleyball game, nor make you more appealing to women. Toothpaste could increase your luck with women, but it's not likely that your teeth will actually sparkle. Compared to that sort of advertising, Apple is quite honest. ;)

23. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

yes, neither would I not.
    ;-p

24. Jeans89 thread starter macrumors regular

Same processor? Not true. Same as in iPhone 5S, but different as in iPad Air.

25. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

And that's where you're wrong. They ARE the same processor, however they have SLIGHTLY different clock speeds.