Is apple watch still worth getting right now? How long does your battery last?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by uptempos, Mar 21, 2016.

1. uptempos macrumors member

Target is still having a sale right now..299 for space grey 42. I'm wondering if its worth getting now, now that the watch has been out for almost a year..

Users- how is the battery? satisfied or disappointed?

2. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

3. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I'm happy with it..... I'll be happier after they give us more within it's OS, but as far as performance and battery life, I've had great luck. I remember saying I didn't want one...... Unexpectedly I received one for xmas and can't see living without one now...... Go for it.

4. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

battery is more than adequate for me. I don't get a ton of notifications, but I'm at 63% and I'll be going to bed within a few hours. I could probably stretch it into two work days if I needed to.

5. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I get 2 days out of it no problem with my settings and usage. 42MM

6. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Never had any issues with the battery life, getting 2 days out of it usually. I'm enjoying the watch more and more as the apps get better and better - Things, Drafts and my local public transport apps are to die for. Totally worth it for 299 I'd say.

7. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

FYI Apple dropped the price so you can get it from Apple for the same price. It's very user specific if you like it or not. I'm on the "Love it" side. Use it all the time and use it for a variety of tasks. Rarely ever run out of battery before the day ends. Maybe once I had to recharge mid-day and that seemed to be an isolated incident as most days I have lots. Even after using it to record 2 hour workouts.

I'll have to see what battery life is like now as I just updated to Watch OS 2.2 but one thing for sure is that it is considerably faster now.

8. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I can squeeze 2 days out of mine as well.... I only know because one time I didn't plug the cable in correctly and had to use it at work on 20%..... I turned the wake on raise off around lunch and it lasted until later that night..... Other than that I charge it every night just because why not .....

9. gigaguy, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

gigaguy macrumors 65816

Martycan, that Target 42mm price beats Apple's new pricing. Apple charges that for the 38mm. I just got my 2mo old AW today. Looks like it takes more time than I wanted to figure out all modes. For the price I paid, $250 for 42mm I like it, some things could be better, some things are fine, but the quality and feel is good. Wish Apple had added more software today instead of bands tho..

10. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Oh sorry. I thought that was a 38mm. Even better deal then.

11. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I jumped the gun and started shopping for a used AW this weekend, got one on ebay arrived today. It's mint with the box etc. I asked seller for serial # to check warranty on Apple's 'check warranty' page. good til Dec 29. I'm sure there will be better bargains as soon as the shock wears off sellers. (many seemed to be kids dumping their Christmas gifts for cold cash).

12. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I charge my watch every night, with my usage I would probably never get two days. For me this is what I expected, when I heard about people having battery issues I thought people meant that they weren't lasting a full day, I have no problem with charging it every night since I don't tend to sleep in a watch. Right now I have had the watch on since 8:15 am. It is 12:25 am and it's at 35%. I'll be up for about another 45 minutes then it'll go on the charger on my nightstand. Meets my needs perfectly!

13. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'm very satisfied with the battery life. I unplugged at 8 AM, currently 11 PM and I still have 62%. I got a constant stream of notifications throughout the day. I will mention the I plugged it in to update to watchOS 2.2 earlier and it got boosted up by 10%, so I'd be sitting at about 52% right now on a normal day. I've never had to worry about it though, it's always gotten me through a whole day without issue.

14. aloecool macrumors regular

No problems with battery life. I usually charges it every night but on nights that I forget, I don't have problems getting through the work day the second day.

15. kapolani macrumors regular

Didn't think a 'smart watch' would be useful for me, but I bought a Garmin Fenix3 (since returned) and found that I really liked notifications.

Especially when I'm riding my motorcycle. I have a 6S+ so it's too big to fit in my jeans pocket so have to carry it in a sling sack. Nice to see when the wife texts/calls me by glancing at my wrist.

Might pick one up in the next few days. Hard to resist.

16. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Go to B&H as they have the $100 off plus $75 gift card and an extra band. That was still active as of yesterday.

17. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

A year later it's the same or better on battery life

18. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

I charge mine every night and it's never dropped below 50%. Had it since April 2015.

19. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

It's absolutely worth getting. I thought it was worth it even in July of 2015 with Watch OS1.1, but it has gotten faster and better with each update.

Totally satisfied with battery life. I charge my iPhone and my watch every night and I have yet to come close to running out of battery on the watch.

Sean

20. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I love the Apple Watch but voted to wait since we think it will be 6 more months but no solid rumors yet. However, you could always get the basic model to see if you love it before investing in the next model is SS or Titanium if that comes out. :) then in a year, get the new model when it drops in price. We still don't know if the new watch will come out in September and if it won't have big problems if they make major changes.