Is AppleCare from J&R OK?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tuccillo, Jan 20, 2013.

1. tuccillo macrumors member

Hi Folks,

Looking to buy Apple Care for 2011 iMac refurb. I noticed that J&R has it for less than Apple. Is it OK to buy AppleCare from J&R? Anyone go that route?

2. Bear macrumors G3

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I haven't purchased AppleCare from J&R but I've purchased other things from them. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase AppleCare from them if it were a good price.

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I've bought ram and other essentials for my Macs at J&R. Their service is very good, fast shipping and they are prompt at returns/exchanges if necessary. I would definitely buy the Applecare from them.

5. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Check out B&H Photo for good AppleCare prices as well.

6. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I agree with hfg. BH photo has the best prices on applecare. however if BH photo wasnt around i would definitely buy from J&R

7. Fishrrman macrumors G3

J&R is a long-time Mac reseller in lower Manhattan. They are probably offering a good discount for AppleCare if you purchase it at the same time you buy a new Mac from them.

As such, a good deal.

8. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

I bought mine from J&R. Had originally started with BH, but got hijacked and went ahead and went with them. I think they are priced about the same, way less than Apple.

9. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Authorized Seller ~ Invoice

I am not aware of them, as I am in Canada.. However, if as folks say they ARE a reputable Apple Retailer, they should be fine; B&H surely is.. :apple:

You DO need an Invoice/Proof of Sale from an Authorized Apple Retailer to apply for Applecare, it is absolutely useless without ** assuming the same in USA as Canada, which it once was!!