Is Applecare+ transferable to two subsequent devices?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uwdude, Aug 12, 2015.

1. uwdude macrumors 6502a

I hope I can explain this clearly, but my question is: If I have Applecare+ on an iPhone, and recently signed up for the T-Mobile lease plan with a new iPhone, and then will be getting another new one when the 6S comes out, can I transfer my Applecare+ to this new one that I just received, and then transfer it again to the 6S when I get that one?

I'll be selling the one that it's attached to right now, probably just to Gazelle, unless everybody thinks I should sell it privately with the Applecare attached instead. It's a 6+ 64gb space grey unlocked, and Gazelle is quoting me $430, so I figured I might as well just sell it to them.

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

I don't think so, I think the policy would just transfer to the new owner, as it's the device that's covered not the owner.

AFAIK, you can get a pro rata refund though, for unused time.

3. ricktat macrumors 65816

I was told prorated refund. The prorated refund is generous versus other plans that I have had. 50% time was 50% refund without any service fees or odd things.

4. uwdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess my real question then is whether it would be worth it to get a refund and buy a new plan for this device for two months, and then get another refund and buy another new plan for the 6S+ at that time, if that's even possible. I don't know, might not be worth all that trouble. Maybe I should just go with the T-Mobile insurance, I'll have to research if that's a decent plan.

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I sold my 5s when i got the 6 Plus. The buyer did not want to pay for Applecare+ so I called Applecare and got my second year refunded. Was super easy, no questions. Works only if you have not made a claim.

As to if it's worth it for two months, only you can decide that. How accident prone are you?