Is appshopper reliable to send push notifications for updates on your owned list?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dragoro, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Be nice if I didn't have to constantly check the app store.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yes. So much so that I disabled it for my own because it was getting annoying.

3. Dragoro thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragoro

4. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I would <3 Appshopper much more if you didn't have to create your owned-apps list manually. It's a total PITA IMO. I have many scores of apps and can't be bothered to do this. I'd even pay something for this feature.

It may be an Apple sandbox issue - apps may not be allowed to examine the app directory. If not though, I think this is a must-add feature for the app..

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Supposedly, there's an Importer for Appshopper, but myself and many others can't seem to get it to work with our logins. If they fix it, I'm very interested in trying it out.

6. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

One bad thing about AppShopper if you're outside the US is that it takes any price changes from the US Appstore. Even if you've set the Country/Currency to UK/GBP.

I only noticed this last month when it told me that one of my watched apps (Monopoly) was on sale. It was only on sale in the US, not in the UK. :mad:

I've been in touch with the dev and apparently this is being fixed some time soon(ish).

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Just wanted to note I finally got the Appshopper Importer to work. I don't know what changed but I gave it a go tonight and it found all my apps. Pretty cool stuff.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

In the very first version of App Shopper when you would click on "Buy Now" it would auto put that app in your owned list. They have removed that feature - I wish they would bring it back.

9. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I feel the pain. I've used App shopper a lot to look for apps, but I've never bought a thing using their affiliate link. So I have to add stuff manually. Gets annoying sometimes.

10. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I had to disable alerts because every half an hour I received notifications from AppShopper and it got annoying.

11. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Sorry to TTT this old thread but AppShopper push notifications have stopped working on my iPhone...

I don't get any badges or notifications, then I go into the app, it refreshes and there is suddenly some new updates or price changes.

How are your notifications working?