Is Back to School a better deal or am i foolish?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AntiKarateKid, Aug 22, 2008.

1. AntiKarateKid macrumors newbie

Hey, I have read many of the "should I buy or wait" threads and am now basing my decision solely on which is a better deal for a better price.

I know that Back to School gives you a free ipod touch, Iwork, and Airport express right?

If I waited and bought the new model, would I have to buy Iwork ( or get a bootleg lol), and buy airport extreme? Or would it's price be lowered too?

This thread is, of course, assuming ya'll know about any rumors concerning this!

2. waiheke2 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm in exactly the same dilemma...
    But where do you get the free iworks and airport express??
    All I know of is the free ipod touch!

3. elpenguino macrumors member

4. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

In my opinion, the better deal is the one that always gives you bang for the buck. I am a student myself, and the back to school deal has always allowed me to buy a better computer for less money. Put this way, I can only afford the 2.4 ghz MBP for 1899 if i bought it outside the back to school deal. However, with the Back to school deal, i can get the mid-range 2.5 MBP for the same price. How? I sell the iPod touch. Apple basically is giving me a 319 upgrade on anything i want.

Better computer or i can buy time machine, a nice sleeve for my case etc. or free Apple care.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Free Airport Express? Where does it say that?

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

back to school promo is best deals hands down.

least costly macbook for you would be $999. and you get $400 worth of rebates from the ipod touch and printer.

You also get lower cost for applecare and many other products.