Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoX1112

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2021
I currently have a base M1 air. I like the 15 inch due to the bigger screen. It is also on sale plus free AirPods are given with it. I am completely satisfied with my base M1 air 13 inch, therefore I want to opt for base M2 air as well. I am a teacher so I mostly use it to prepare lesson plans and work with MS word. I occasionally run Minecraft on it. Is the base version enough to last me 4 - 5 years? Thanks.

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
In my opinion the base M2 Air will serve you quite well. Your current M1 is serving your needs and the M2 is an upgrade. It should serve well for your time frame.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Booth your current M1 and the M2 will serve you good depending on setup and tasks, of course.

4-5 years is my estimation for how long the portables are productive.
I wouldn’t go less then 16GB memory though.

I have a 2018 MBA, and if I hadn’t 16GB it wouldn’t served me this long.
But I expect to trade it in as soon the new M3 MBA comes at next keynote.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
I currently have a base M1 air. I like the 15 inch due to the bigger screen. It is also on sale plus free AirPods are given with it. I am completely satisfied with my base M1 air 13 inch, therefore I want to opt for base M2 air as well. I am a teacher so I mostly use it to prepare lesson plans and work with MS word. I occasionally run Minecraft on it. Is the base version enough to last me 4 - 5 years? Thanks.
should work perfectly fine then for your use case and will play Minecraft better since the 15" air comes with the 10 core gpu, even in the base model. So will be a decent graphics boost for some games

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.