Is battery covered under the Applecare PP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Slowstick, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Slowstick macrumors 6502

Hello,

I am having trouble with my MB battery and was wondering if the ACPP covered that.

:DThanks!!!

2. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Define trouble?

Batteries are classed as consumables, so unless it is deemed faulty. No.

3. Slowstick thread starter macrumors 6502

It sizzles?:(

4. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Lol that is unfortunate! If you can prove that in the shop, and obviously prove that has not been caused because of something you have done. You should be fine.

If you have apple care it might be worth ringing them to see the best course of action.

Hope this helps.

5. Slowstick thread starter macrumors 6502

I will do that.

Thanks for your help!!

6. bizzle macrumors 6502a

If it has more than 300 cycles, it doesn't matter what's wrong with it, usually it won't be covered unless the Genius is feeling generous. By your signature I am assuming it's not over 300 cycles.

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

This is correct.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    My Macbook battery stopped taking any charge at all while still under warranty. The Genius Bar swapped it out without any problem.

Whether they'd do that in the 2nd/3rd year of Applecare might be a different story though!

9. bizzle macrumors 6502a

Probably because it either had less than 300 cycles or it was not able to be determined how many cycles it has.

10. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

If it's the battery for the Alu MB in your sig, I'd definitely take it in. Sizzling doesn't sound good. I highly doubt they'd give you a hard time about it, even though it is the battery.

11. Slowstick thread starter macrumors 6502

Very true. I have taken the battery out because the sizzling has gotten worse and it sounds like it is catching fire. The cycle count is 118 and my aluminum macbook is only a few months old. I have scheduled an appointment and will let anyone interested what happens. Thanks for everyones feedback!!!