Is battery life improving?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vansouza, Jul 9, 2007.

1. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

My battery seems to have gotten a lot better after a couple of full charges; has anyone else noticed the same? Wondering...:eek::apple:

2. SteveM8 macrumors member

Yes I have.

I charged mine for the 3-4 time yesterday. Used it last night for some emails, and short safari session, then put it to sleep all night. This monring I checked my mail, had a text conversation with the wife, checked stocks and listened to 3 songs on the way to work. Still shows full!

3. mobilehavoc macrumors 6502

mobilehavoc

I was just coming on here to post the same thing. Yesterday I took it off the charger at 8AM, had WiFi on (used on and off) and BT on (BT was connected the whole time to Jawbone headset), listened to music, surfed, watched videos, etc.

At 2AM this morning I looked at the usage before I plugged it in and went to bed...

Usage: Around 6 hours
    Standby: 12 hours

My battery still showed 50%! Wow!

Today I took it off the charger at 8AM and it's almost 4PM here...Wifi is OFF but BT is on, listened to music, surfed, etc. and battery is still 100% full.

I guess maybe the battery takes a few cycles to hit its stride. I hope it keeps improving.

FYI...I charge mine every night overnight.

4. ErnestS macrumors newbie

Same experience here ...

I was just about to post the same thing. When I compare my battery life from a week ago, it has really improved!

I guess the battery just needed a couple of power cycles in order to get "calibrated."

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It's improved a little due to some suggestions on here such as turning off Wifi and the display lighting.

Still has some room for improvment but workable nonetheless

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I am geting 4 to 5 days out of it with normal use....:)

7. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

My battery life is getting longer every day. I expect it will stabilize soon.

8. xploit macrumors regular

totally agree

its true its 8pm been up since 7am with all sorts of usr and i got 95% batt still!!!! Glorious!

9. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I just checked my usage, but it doesn't show anything? Does it zero out after a reboot? I charged it fully overnight, but had to reboot earlier.

10. pr5owner macrumors 65816

yes thats called reconditioning the battery (assuming you completly discharged it) if you leave Li-Ion/poly sitting around, it gets weak, you just need to cycle it a couple times to get it back on track. most batteries will indicate this on the packaging (if you purchase a replacement batery for your phone... well with other phones anyways)

11. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

I also noticed a better battery life. I was worried after the first few times at how quick I ran through charges but yesterday and today I've noticed great improvement

12. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yes, partly we are using it less!! :)

However, the battery life is getting to it's peak zone now. Nice! Of course, then the slow and gradual decline will begin.

13. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Mine is much better today

Had my phone for almost 2 weeks now, and it's significantly improved...

Granted:

-WiFi is off
    -Bluetooth off
    -Screen brightness at minimum

However:

-Push: on
    -3G: on
    -Have an Activesync account setup and a Yahoo mail account

One thing I have noticed is the Yahoo mail is a little bit slower to arrive on the phone, so maybe they already changed the frequency in which the mail gets pushed or something to improve battery life?

Regardless, I have 1 Hour, 30 minutes of usage, and 7 hours, 33 minutes standby since last full charge, and I still have about 80% battery life.

14. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Urgg, I wish someone would create an App that monitored how much time was spent doing what on the phone so that we can make more conclusive battery tests :)

15. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

It would be even better if apple gave us power profiles. Different settings for different profiles.

Car(charging): Wifi off, screen on always, location on .

Speaker Dock(charging):wifi on, screen on, location off

Pocket: wifi off, location off, 3g off(or whatever).

you get the point. Easy preset settings profiles. This would not be a hard upgrade for apple to put out..............2.1????? ehh? ehhh?