Is battlefield 2142 a multiplayer game only?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bluedoggiant, May 26, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I just downloaded the demo of BF2142 and noticed it had a login screen at startup, i am guessing, is this a multiplayer game only? I can't tell because I don't have bootcamp on my iMac yet and was using an old PC (Vaio) with no internet.

2. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

pretty much. The single player SUCKS BALLS (excuse my language... but it does).

That is, unless you download the mods that are available for the PC version. I think you might be able to get them to work with the mac version with some work - Kkat know's more about that than I do.

You see, by default, you're limited to a max of 16 players in a single player game (u and 15 computers) and you can only use unlocks that you've unlocked in multiplayer... and ONLY if ur currently connected to the internet. No internet connection = no unlocks for you

If your'e gonna get 2142 at all though I'd recommend the PC version. Then you can download the mod to use all unlocks in single player (so you can try them out and see which ones you want to get), and the mod also allows you a max of 64 (i think) players in a single player game... and allows the use of more maps. By default, only a couple of the maps can be used in single player.

The main reason i recommend the PC version is that the expansion pack is not available for mac. And I'm willing to bet you $20 that it NEVER will be available for mac.

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I learned that and no pretty well that BF2142 sucks ass for mac. Even though I am getting windows XP for bootcamp on my imac to run FSX, i don't think i will get BF2142 for PC. I don't play FSX often, so don't mind booting up windows every once in a while, but BF2142 would be a game I would play more often, so I wouldn't get it. I think I have made my decision to get quake wars.

4. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

way to go stickin' it to the man for providing a crappy mac version lol :)

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I don't get it lol.

6. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

just cause u don't get it... doesn't mean ur still not stickin it to the man :D

Say it with me... it sounds nice... "stickin' it to the man"

Though I supposed actually explaining myself might be better.

Stickin' it to the man = telling EA that you're not gonna buy their game cause their mac version sucks.

"the man" = EA

though i suppose it would be a WOman too if u want...

7. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Ha.

Thats what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure.

8. joseph21 macrumors newbie

Bttlefield 2142 multiplayer doesn't work for me help:confused: on my Mac Pro running 10.7 lion need help do i need to upgrade i can't find anything except for the Dell version need links for that or something help!!!