Is Best Buy in the Same Boat As Us?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SugarFree13, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SugarFree13 macrumors newbie

I called my 2 local Best Buy's, and both said that they have 3G's on order, but they haven't shipped yet!

Is Best Buy playing the same waiting game as us in terms of receiving them tomorrow? Or are my BB's just awful?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

1) BB employees would not nec. know since Apple is shipping direct to store via FedEx/UPS. They are not coming on the regular BB truck.

2) BB will get stock in either today or tomorrow.

3) Your BBs are awful just like everyone else's. They are the McDonalds of the electronics world.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Worse than that. They are the Wal-Marts.

4. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

Bad Analogy Aside, Would someone have to wait until 5pm at Best buy in order to purchase one?

5. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

You should be able to get a 3G at Best Buy when they open for business on the 30th.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, that is what I've read. There is a thread here on that topic around here somewhere. They will probably be blocked from inventory until then, i.e., they won't scan.

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

That is pretty much impossible. The only thing they can do is raise the price to a ridiculous amount in the system to keep anyone from purchasing it (they do this often). However, it is practically impossible for Best Buy to synchronize setting the price point back at the same time throughout the US. They don't have a system capable of doing this without screwing it up. Most likely they will have the correct price in the system and whenever BB employees bring the item in the store and scan them in, they will be available for purchase.