Is Best Buy opening up at 8am?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Johnny Steps, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I'm planning on getting up early to be in line (or not... hopefully people are working on Fridays) to get the new new iPad. However, their hours state 9am to 10pm I believe. Are their hours going to change? Will they open an hour earlier or not?

Also do iPad 2 cases site the new new iPad?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I highly doubt they'll open early, but then again they did so for the iPhone 4. Your best bet is to call your local store and speak with a manager.

All depends on the case. If the iPad just slides in, there's a good chance it'll fit. If it's a snap case, it won't as those are more form fitting.

3. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Alright... slide in cases gotcha. And oh okay. I guess I could wake up early, go at 8am and see. If not, go somewhere else in the mean time

4. WLS, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

WLS macrumors 65816

I also highly doubt that BB will open early but I would expect people to start lining up by 8.
    Last year there were long lines but then there were no preorders either. I waited an hour and when I got in there was plenty of stock so I'm thinking the lines won't be as long and inventory should be adequate. I'm still going to be there early just to be sure.
    PS I expect my Water/Field soft cases to fit the new iPad just fine. I have the ultimate sleeve for the iPad 1 which I know will fit and I have an iPad2 slip case which I fully expect to fit just fine also.

5. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

I already ordered two through Apple's pre-order but I need to pick up one more. Planning on hitting up Best Buy in the morning as I figure it won't be as chaotic as the Apple Store lines, but I'm wondering what the real story is as well. I was told that the pre-order Best Buy has at some stores isn't really a pre-order, in that it only guarantees you'll get an iPad "at some point," while new stock will still be sold on a first come, first serve basis. The associate voluntarily told me that she thought it was crazy before she even explained it. I'm really dreading having to go there even though I know it'll be a less painful line experience.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Apparently Target is also saying the 16th in store. I could see those being less crowded than Best Buy.

7. AgentElliot007 macrumors 6502

Last year I don't believe they were selling the 3G models, at least on day 1, and they had much lower stock numbers than Best Buy. My dad actually ended up trying to get one from there and from what he later told me, they received just a handful of each of the wifi models. I don't want to chance it. I'm not worried about getting what I want at Best Buy as I need either a 32 or 64 GB Verizon. Those aren't going to be the first ones picked up.

8. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Yeah I want the 32GB or if I'm somehow willing to do it the 64 GB AT&T. I'm just debating which one has better coverage. I'm on AT&T right now lol, but I don't think my area has LTE, but the place I'm going to transfer to for college will be getting it.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yes, Target.com says the 16th in store.

I'd be cautious though, last year Target was kind of spotty in terms of what they received and quantities were limited.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1113039&page=4

10. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Last year, because there were no pre-orders, my local BB had long lines. Hubby was off that day, got in line quite early. They ran out of the 64G AT&T units within an hour. From what I have read, Apple has sold out of their "first" shipments, with present online orders extending out as long as 3 weeks. One of the articles I read, reported that secondary retailers (as opposed to Apple Stores), will have fewer units available on March 16th, than they did last year.

11. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Oh damn. Lol maybe I won't be able to find one. I'm planning on using my Best Buy credit card so I don't have to pay so much at once.

12. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

Also U guys can hit up Radio Shack on the 16th..(as always quanity and variant varies)