Is beta 2 more stable than beta 3?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jstewartjr85, Jul 12, 2013.

1. jstewartjr85 macrumors newbie

i just hopped in on the beta the whole beta game. Is beta 2 way more stable than 3? i had to take 3 off totally on my phone it was horrible! especially since i wasn't receiving calls!

2. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

curious about the missing calls.

who is your carrier?

Im on AT&T and i havent had that issue but i know some verizon customers who have.

3. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

My friend with iPhone 5 and T-Mobile isn't having this issue on iOS 7.0

4. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

5. Jtc720 macrumors regular

Beta 3 on att on my ip5 has been perfect not one issue so far

6. jstewartjr85 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im on verizon! its something about verizon's service and beta 3 thats just not clicking. Theres a thread full of people that are having the same issue with beta 3 and either phone 4,4s,and 5!

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Beta 3 pros: Battery seems to be noticeably better for me compared to previous betas. There are less graphical glitches, and more of the UI has been polished somewhat to make it look/work better/smoother. In as sense, overall somewhat more stable (less crashes/resprings).

Beta 3 cons: Undelivered (missed) calls here and there. Missing notifications that either don't' show up at all or sometimes do and sometimes don't. Some crashes in the Settings app that weren't there before. Haven't experienced the phone going into DFU mode on its own, but that seems to be an existing issue in general.

So far I'm sticking with beta 3, but there are definitely at least a few (undelivered calls and missing notifications) fairly bad items about it, and at least one (battery) that's definitely good (not counting it being somewhat more polished).

8. travisbrowning macrumors member

travisbrowning

Beta 3 has been miles ahead of Beta 2 for me on my iPhone 4.

9. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

In performance issues I agree. But several times after being idle for too long the phone puts itself into DFU mode and you have to hold down lock/home to boot it back up, it's completely unresponsive. Or sometimes after unlocking the entire phone becomes unresponsive for like 30 seconds and pushing an app just highlights it but it fails to open and you can't double click to open up mutli-task or do anything. :( It could just be me and I didn't do a fresh install from beta 2, so who knows.

10. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem that same problem, and I am on Verizon. Unfortunately, the only person who it seemed like it wouldn't work for was whenever my boss would call me :/

I'm sure this has been said, but I've narrowed it down to specific contacts. The way to fix it which works for me is to delete the contact all together and then re-add it, that seems to work.

11. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

thanks good to know :D

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Strange, for me it happens for different contacts. Some contacts will have calls that don't go through at times and then work other times. Even had some calls not in my contacts that didn't go through at times but would work other times. Still quite random unfortunately as seems to be the case for at least some if not most others based in different posts in another thread about undelivered calls in beta 3.

13. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

b3 is at least twice as stable as b2 was. And I'm seeing better performance and battery life.

14. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Except for a few minor things, Beta 3 has been much more stable for me.