Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
When it first came out, I read some posts from users that were unable to install "real" jail broken apps (like OPENSSH). They would get weird errors like "this application requires a jailbroken phone" or something similar.

My question is, is blackra1n a true, 100% jailbreak? Anyone find applications that are giving error messages similar to above?

thanks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
When it first came out, I read some posts from users that were unable to install "real" jail broken apps (like OPENSSH). They would get weird errors like "this application requires a jailbroken phone" or something similar.

My question is, is blackra1n a true, 100% jailbreak? Anyone find applications that are giving error messages similar to above?

thanks!

This is a trick question ?

It is a real JB and UL solution (RC3 version) Used it on my 3G last night, sold it today and buyer dropped in T-mobile sim and handed me a wad of cash.

dan5.5

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2008
I jailbroke 3g and it works perfectley. Might redo my 3gs with blackra1n

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
This is a trick question ?

It is a real JB and UL solution (RC3 version) Used it on my 3G last night, sold it today and buyer dropped in T-mobile sim and handed me a wad of cash.

No trick question. When blackra1n RC1 came out, there were many people posting that there were several apps (and I can't remember which ones now) that literally told the user that they must jail-break their phone in order for the app to work.

This was AFTER they were installed with Cydia.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

I haven't heard of problems with SSH, but blackra1n does have problems with pc/mac programs that read iphone files through the USB connection. (Diskaid, ifunbox, etc) Those programs would give "this application requires a jailbroken phone" errors with iphones jailbroken with blackra1n. A fix for this was quickly made available through Cydia, so people who want to use those programs only have to install the patch through Cydia. Otherwise the blackra1n jailbreak is no different from pownage.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I haven't heard of problems with SSH, but blackra1n does have problems with pc/mac programs that read iphone files through the USB connection. (Diskaid, ifunbox, etc) Those programs would give "this application requires a jailbroken phone" errors with iphones jailbroken with blackra1n. A fix for this was quickly made available through Cydia, so people who want to use those programs only have to install the patch through Cydia. Otherwise the blackra1n jailbreak is no different from pownage.

I have run diskaid without any issues with jb and blackra1n

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.

This may have been what I was thinking though I thought it had something to do with SSH.

Thank you for your help! :)

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I jailbroke a week ago. Do I need to update to the rc3 version to unlock. If so do I just download the new version and run it like an update or do I need to restore and jailbreak again. Can I unlock on the RC2 version?

jmyler

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009

Can you give some more information about the patch? Where can i find it in cydia. I want to be able to use i-funBox and i'm getting this error.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Can you give some more information about the patch? Where can i find it in cydia. I want to be able to use i-funBox and i'm getting this error.

It's called something like "afc2add." Search for "add" and scan the ones that start with "a."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.